Keto Ice Cream In A Bag
Making keto ice cream in a bag is super easy and kind of fun to do. With all of the keto ice cream recipes added to the low carb meal planner, there are three methods mentioned for making the keto ice cream recipes including: (1) an ice cream maker, (2) ice cream in a bag, and (3) frozen ice cream.
An ice cream maker will come with its own set of instructions. So, no further explanation is needed for the ice cream maker. Then, since the frozen ice cream method is my personally preferred method, the keto ice cream recipes in the low carb meal planner and the keto ice cream book explains the frozen ice cream method. So, this page is simply to demonstrate how to make ice cream in a bag. Therefore, if you have access to the low carb meal planner or decided to purchase the keto ice cream book, you can use this ice cream in a bag method to make most of the keto ice cream recipes as well.
You will likely already have all of the supplies needed to make ice cream in a bag. So, let’s get started making this simple vanilla keto ice cream recipe.
- Measuring Cups
- 1 Small Resealable Plastic Bag
- 1 Larger Resealable Plastic Bag
- 1/4 c. Course Salt (Regular Salt Works Too)
- 3 c. Ice
Step 1 (Shown Below):
Mix the ice cream and place it in the small resealable plastic bag. Remove the excess air from the bag while you are sealing the bag. Set the ice cream mixture aside.
Step 2 (Shown Below):
Place the 3 cups of ice and the 1/4 cup of salt in the larger resealable bag.
Step 3 (Shown Below):
Put the small bag of ice cream inside the bag of salted ice. Remove the extra air from the larger bag as you are sealing the bag. Now shake the bag until the ice cream hardens. The ice cream may be ready to eat sooner than you think!
Step 4 (Shown Below):
Remove the small bag of ice cream from the bag of salted ice. Serve the keto ice cream and enjoy!
The Pros & Cons
Just like the ice cream maker and frozen ice cream method, there are pros and cons to making ice cream in a bag. Some of them are highlighted here.
- Fast and ready to eat in minutes
- Convenient to make with supplies you have.
- Inexpensive with no equipment required.
- Almost nothing to clean up afterwards.
- Less environmentally friendly with the potential for excess waste unless you wash and reuse the plastic bags.
- Salty ice cream is yummy. However, the ice cream in a bag of salted ice may contribute a bit of unexpected salt (sodium) to the taste of the keto ice cream recipe.
That is all there is to making keto ice cream in a bag!