Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups
This keto peanut butter cups recipe will likely be a favorite of many and for good reason! You have the wonderful chocolatey taste and aroma combined with the equally wonderful taste and smell of peanut butter. They are both full of their own mood-boosting health benefits that will literally make you feel good. So, there is a reason why eating keto peanut butter cups is so enjoyable. The keto peanut butter cups recipe is delicious and easy to prepare with only a handful of ingredients. So, let’s get to the details.
You will need a metal muffin pan with paper muffin liners or a silicone muffin mold to make these keto peanut butter cups. The chocolate can be melted in a glass bowl using the microwave; however, it is not recommended. The consistency of the sugar free chocolate will turn out so much better when it is at least melted in a small pot on the stove using a medium to low heat setting. The best method way to melt chocolate is with a double boiler or a chocolate melting pot.
These keto peanut butter cups are made with sugar free chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and almond flour.
- Sugar Free Chocolate – This recipe is made with the Baked Believe Sugar Free Chocolate Chips. It can be made with the milk chocolate or the dark chocolate chips. Other keto chocolate candy recipes have been made with the Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips. However, the Lakanto Sugar Free Chocolate Chips is another good option. All three of these chocolate chip brands are made with erythritol, a sweetener that tastes good and does not affect blood sugar levels or the gastrointestinal tract. In this way, you can truly enjoy the wonderful health benefits of chocolate without any negative side effects.
- Peanut Butter – All peanut butter does not taste the same because they are all prepared in slightly different ways. Some of the no sugar added peanut butter brands are coincidentally comparatively lower in sodium as well. Nevertheless, you will still get the health benefits of peanuts from them all. However, when making these keto peanut butter cups, it is a good idea to use your favorite tasting creamy peanut butter to prepare the peanut butter candy filling.
- Powdered Sugar – A delicious, granulated monk fruit blend can be used to make a sugar free powdered sugar to mix with the peanut butter. It can be blended in a small coffee grinder or small food processor. Or you can simply purchase a powdered monk fruit sweetener.
- Butter – A small amount of salted butter is added to the peanut butter to give it a delicious salty and buttery taste. If you happen to have a low sodium peanut butter, you may want to add a little more salted butter or perhaps a tiny pinch of salt to make these keto peanut butter cups.
- Almond Flour – Just a small amount of almond flour is added to the peanut butter to give it more of a dough-like texture that is easier to work with. It is not enough flour added to change the taste of the yummy keto peanut butter cups.
Keto Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Filling:
- Mix the creamy peanut butter, powdered monk fruit, softened salted butter, and almond flour together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the paper muffin liners in the muffin pan.
- Then melt half of the sugar free chocolate chips in a small pot over a medium-low heat setting.
- Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Then scoop and spread the chocolate into the bottom of the muffin liners.
- Now you can roll about half a tablespoon of the peanut butter filling into a small ball before flattening into a disk shape.
- Sit the peanut butter disk in the middle of chocolate filled cups leaving a small border around the peanut butter. Repeat as needed.
- Then you can melt the remaining half of the sugar free chocolate chips to cover the peanut butter disk.
- Place the muffin pan in the refrigerator to let the cups cool and harden.
This delightful chocolate peanut butter recipe is all for now! You can find more keto chocolate candy recipes to make! Or look for more keto snacks that you can make. Otherwise, enjoy making and eating these delightful keto peanut butter cups.