White Chicken Chili
This keto white chicken chili is a delicious keto meal. While chili is usually always good, this warm bowl of goodness can be a particularly yummy keto comfort food during the cool fall and winter months. Therefore, it is one of the keto recipes featured in the SIMPLE – Fall 2022 Edition of the keto magazine. You can access the magazine to find more recipes.
This keto white chicken chili is a delightful blend of chicken, yellow keto beans, fresh vegetables, and a number of powdered seasonings. With both chicken and beans, this keto white chicken chili can be very satisfying all by itself. However, a warm piece of one of the keto breads or keto crackers could make it that much more enjoyable.
It may be a surprise to discover that there are beans that can be eaten on the keto diet. A 1/4 cup of dry soybeans is about 4 net carbs. Once cooked, this same 1/4 cup of soybeans will give you about 1/2 cup cooked soybeans. While the keto black soybeans are becoming a little more popular, the keto yellow soybeans seem to get less attention.
This recipe is prepared with the dry yellow soybeans. However, instead of yellow soybeans you can use canned black soybeans. They too must be seasoned and prepared beforehand. Therefore, I like to precook a larger batch of soybeans and place them in the freezer. that was pre-made and placed in the freezer. In this way, the soybeans are almost like adding a traditional can of beans. They cook much faster and can more easily soak up the seasonings and flavors added to the keto white chicken chili recipe.
The fresh vegetables added to this keto white chicken chili recipe include yellow onions, bell peppers, and garlic. The garlic is minced while the onions and bell peppers are cut into small pieces. You can add white, yellow, purple, or even green onions to the recipe. Onions contain a decent number of carbs. If you only use half the onions (3 tablespoons) a serving is only 8 net carbs. So, you can reduce the carbs by using less onions. For a spicy keto white chicken chili, you can add jalapeño peppers or serrano peppers instead of a traditional bell pepper. Fresh garlic will typically give you the most flavor. However, minced garlic from a jar can provide a delicious garlicky flavor as well.
This keto white chicken chili is prepared with ground chicken. It cooks quickly and easily just like a ground beef. Alternatively, thawed chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs could be cut into small pieces to season and sauté with vegetables.
Chicken bouillon, garlic, onion, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper are the powdered seasonings added to this keto white chicken chili.
With the keto beans prepared and the chicken and vegetables cooked, the chicken can be added to the pot of beans. Then, the white chicken chili sauce can be prepared with the addition of sour cream and heavy cream.
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 2 c. Water
- 1.5 c. Keto Beans (Starter Recipe)
- Pinch of Salt
- Place the soy beans, water, and salt in a pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté the minced onions, bell pepper, and garlic together in a medium skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
The Ground Chicken:
- Season the ground chicken with chicken bouillon powder, onion, garlic, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper powder.
- Place the seasoned ground chicken in the skillet with the vegetables to cook over medium heat.
- Use a spatula to mix the ingredients and to make sure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Once the chicken cooks and the beans are tender, add the cooked chicken chili mixture to the pot with the beans.
- Then, add heavy cream and sour cream.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 -10 minutes to start letting the flavors merge.
This is another delightful, warm keto recipe for fall or winter. You can find more keto chicken recipes to prepare. In the meantime, enjoy making and eating this keto white chicken chili recipe!