Keto Sausage Soup
This delicious keto soup is a keto sausage and bean soup! It is one of the recipes featured in the SIMPLE – Fall 2022 Edition of the keto magazine. There you can find additional keto soup recipes and more. Some keto soup recipes can make the perfect fall keto comfort foods. With a warm and creamy soup base paired with savory pieces of sausage and keto beans, this soup is a delight.
Most beans are high in carbs and are therefore not keto. However, among the many other health benefits of soy beans, they are low in carbs and high in fiber! Therefore, you can eat soy beans on a keto diet. There are two main types that you can cook and eat. You have the bagged Shiloh Farms Organic Yellow Soy Beans like the ones used in this recipe. Then, there are the canned Eden Organic Black Soy Beans or the bagged Shiloh Farms Organic Black Soy Beans.
The main vegetables used in this sausage and bean soup recipe are mainly used for seasoning the soup. Therefore, the vegetables included are minced bell peppers, minced yellow onions, diced Roma tomatoes, fresh oregano leaves, and minced garlic. These fresh vegetables and herbs are sauteed in olive oil before they are added to the soup.
The soup is finally brought together with heavy cream, marinara sauce, sausage, and fresh green onions. The heavy cream and marinara sauce thicken the soup and helps to give it a delicious flavor. For the sausage, the little beef smokies are used instead of traditional sausage links. In this way, you can get the yummy flavor of sausage with each bite of the keto sausage and bean soup.
Keto Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1 c. Beef Little Smokies 8 Smokies
- 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
- 1/4 c. Marinara Sauce
- Garnished With Green Onions
- Place the needed amount of the “starter” (precooked) beans recipe in a small pot.
- Add the beef bouillon powder, onion powder, garlic powder and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to let simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté the minced bell pepper, onions, Roma tomatoes, oregano, and garlic in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- When the vegetables and beans are tender, add the vegetables to the pot with the beans.
- Slice the little smokies and add them to the pot of beans and vegetables with the heavy cream and marinara sauce.
- Stir and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until the flavors merge. You can add a small amount of water as needed.
This is a wonderful keto soup recipe for fall or winter. You can eat it alone or with a piece of the keto breads. Either way, enjoy making this delicious keto sausage and bean soup recipe.