Keto Candied Hazelnut Recipe
These keto candied hazelnuts are a delicious way to add more flavor to your fall and winter comfort foods. With this recipe you have the naturally yummy and distinct taste of hazelnuts paired with the wonderful taste of a sugar free cinnamon nutmeg candy coating. With all three flavors combined, you end up with a uniquely yummy keto candied hazelnut recipe! If you have not already done so, you can find a series of keto hazelnut recipes in the SIMPLE- 2022 Fall Edition of the keto magazine.
These keto candied hazelnuts are prepared with hazelnuts, butter, sugar, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Hazelnuts – This recipe was prepared with raw unsalted hazelnuts. Therefore, it is low in sodium. However, lightly salted hazelnuts would also be a yummy addition to the recipe.
- Butter – The butter is used along with the syrup and sugar mixture. Of course, it contributes to the overall flavor of the keto candied hazelnuts. A salted or unsalted butter can be used.
- Sugar – A granulated monk fruit with erythritol is the keto sugar substitute used for making the candy.
- Syrup – Instead of using corn syrup, an original flavored sugar free syrup is added to prepare the candy.
- Cinnamon/Nutmeg – Cinnamon usually steals the show in a recipe like this. However, the cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder are added in equal amounts. Therefore, you end up with the delicious, distinct taste of nutmeg. The keto hazelnut cookies (recipe in magazine) are made with a similarly yummy taste.
- Vanilla – The sweet aroma and taste of vanilla extract is finally used to bring all the flavors together.
Candied Hazelnuts (Keto)
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set all of the needed ingredients/supplies near the stove. Do not forget the oven mitt.
- Then place the butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Once the butter starts melting, add monk fruit in the raw and then the sugar free syrup.
- Mix it all together and then add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and vanilla extract.
- Keep the stove set to a medium heat and continue stirring until you see quarter sized bubbles form.
- At this point you can add the hazelnuts.
- Allow the keto candied hazel nuts to cook for another minute and then remove the pot from the stove.
- Keep stirring the candy mixture for 30 seconds to a minute until the candy start to slightly thicken. Then you can start quickly scooping little clusters of four hazelnuts onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- When finished, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to let the candy cool.
This is another yummy keto fall recipe that can be enjoyed anytime. You may also like the keto chocolate covered hazelnuts! Take time to learn more about the health benefits of hazelnuts, health benefits of cinnamon, or health benefits of nutmeg. Enjoy making and eating the keto candied hazelnuts.