Keto Chocolate Candy Recipe
These keto chocolate covered hazelnuts are incredibly easy to make with an incredibly delicious flavor! Hazelnuts are featured in this year’s SIMPLE – Fall 2022 Edition of the keto magazine. Therefore, some of the ingredients used to make the keto chocolate covered hazelnuts recipe goes right along with some of the delicious keto hazelnut recipes featured in the magazine.
The texture of hazelnuts is the perfect cross between a soft semi-creamy nut and a firm crunchy nut. The taste can be described as sweet and earthy with a wonderful naturally roasted flavor. There is no wondering why many people enjoy hazelnuts along with the taste of chocolate! Well, the same is true for this yummy keto chocolate candy recipe.
When you eat keto chocolate candy recipes, you are actually eating healthy superfoods – the chocolate and the nuts! With each little candy, you are harnessing multiple health benefits of dark chocolate as well as the health benefits of hazelnuts. Both are keto and contain micronutrients that many diets can lack.
These keto chocolate covered hazelnuts are prepared simply with hazelnuts, sugar free dark chocolate, and coconut oil. However, they are delicious with ketogenic properties.
- Hazelnuts – Unsalted raw hazelnuts are used in this recipe and the magazine recipes. However, you can use a lightly salted hazelnuts to create a sweet and salty combination of flavors.
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate – This recipe is made with sugar free dark chocolate chips. While there are now many sugar-free dark chocolate chips available, they are not all the same. Two brands that use sweeteners that have minimal impact on blood sugar levels and do not cause gastrointestinal upset are Lily’s sugar free dark chocolate chips and the Bake Believe sugar free dark chocolate chips.
- Coconut Oil – An organic virgin coconut oil is used to help thin and melt the sugar free chocolate chips. Among many other wonderful properties, coconut oil is a ketogenic oil that burns body fat. So, as an additional bonus, you are also capturing the health benefits of coconut oil.
Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts (Keto)
- Place the sugar free chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 15-20 second increments until the chocolate melts. Stir the chocolate after each increment.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix with the hazelnuts.
- Scoop small clusters (about 4 hazelnuts) onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.