This is a delicious, thick, and creamy keto chocolate cream cheese frosting! It is the perfect frosting for keto cakes, keto cookies, or keto cupcakes that may need to sit at room temperature for a while. It is also another frosting option for the keto hazelnut flour cookies featured in the SIMPLE – Fall 2022 Edition of the low carb magazine.
The keto hazelnut flour cookies remind me of yummy soft gingerbread cookies! Therefore, the hazelnut flour cookies are soft and perfect for the fall and winter. You can download the magazine for free to access the keto hazelnut flour cookie recipe as well as the keto nutella recipe.
This keto chocolate cream cheese frosting is prepared with cream cheese, butter, extract, cacao powder, and sweetener.
- Cream Cheese – You can use full fat, reduced fat, or fat free cream cheese to prepare this keto chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Butter – To keep this delicious keto frosting sweet, an unsalted butter is incorporated into the frosting. However, semi-salty keto chocolate frosting can be quite delicious too.
- Extract – Chocolate is not chocolate without the vanilla! Therefore, a sweet and aromatic vanilla extract is used to complement the taste and smell of the rich dark chocolate.
- Cacao Powder – Cacao powder is simply an unsweetened dark chocolate powder. It is therefore low carb and keto. This recipe is prepared with a Hershey’s 100% Cacao Powder. However, you can capture some of the health benefits of dark chocolate using any one of your favorite cacao powder brands.
- Sweetener – A granulated monk fruit in the raw is used to sweeten this keto frosting. Once the needed amount has been measured, you can place the monk fruit in a small food grinder to make a keto powdered sugar. Some monk fruit brands are powderier than others. The more granulated monk fruit brands can cause the frosting to have more of a grainy texture. Therefore, grinding it into a powder is recommended.
Keto Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coffee Grinder (Optional)
- Soften the cream cheese and melt the unsalted butter.
- Then place the vanilla extract in a small container along with the cream cheese and melted unsalted butter.
- Combine the mixture until it is smooth.
- Then add the cacao powder and monk fruit. (For a smoother frosting, grind the needed amount of granulated monk fruit into a powder. Once you grind the monk fruit, the measurement will no longer be the same. So, remember to premeasure the monk fruit before grinding.)
- Mix until the ingredients for the frosting are combined well.
- Use the frosting as needed or wanted on room temperature keto desserts.
This is another thick and creamy keto frosting option for the keto chocolate cake, keto chocolate bread, or perhaps the keto pumpkin muffins. You can find more keto frosting recipes to prepare. In the meantime, enjoy this yummy keto chocolate cream cheese frosting.