Keto Edamame Appetizer
This simple salted edamame recipe makes the perfect keto appetizer or keto snack. Edamame is a high protein, low carb bean that tastes good! It is not only high in protein, it is a complete protein! Then, it contains beneficial vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. You can often find edamame on the menu at Asian food restaurants under appetizers. Many people thoroughly enjoy them. Inside the little cooked green pods, you will discover easy to un-shell, tender, tasty green-colored beans. Only the little green beans can be enjoyed as a healthy and tasty snack.
Edamame can be prepared in a variety of ways. And the green beans can be used in other ways. However, in my area, salted edamame is the simplest and most popular way that I have seen these green beans used. And with fresh edamame pods, you may not want to prepare them any other way. So, let’s get to the details of this quick and easy salted edamame recipe.
The salted edamame are basically prepared with only two ingredients including edamame and salt.
- Edamame – You can start with fresh or frozen edamame. Fresh edamame pods will become tender and ready to eat after boiling them in water for about 4-5 minutes. Your frozen edamame has already been blanched. Therefore, blanched edamame will cook in even less time.
- Sea Salt – You can boil the edamame in salty water or unsalted water. After removing the cooked edamame from the pot of boiling water, you can sprinkle them with cracked sea salt. Then you can enjoy eating the beans found inside right away. The outside shell or pod is not edible.
- 1 c. Edamame
- 1/4 tsp. Mediterranean Sea Salt (Use more or less; Salt to Taste)
- Prepare a small pot of boiling water.
- When the water starts boiling, add the edamame pods.
- Let fresh edamame pods boil for about 4 minutes and let frozen edamame boil for about 2 minutes.
- Use a colander to drain the edamame pods.
- Then, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.