Keto Drink Recipe
This cool, refreshing minty lemongrass keto drink recipe is prepared with some of my favorite herbs! You have the distinctive smell and taste of lemongrass combined with the wonderfully uplifting smell of mint. This delightful aroma and flavor combination is then paired with a citrusy fresh, fresh squeezed lemon juice. Besides, the wonderful smell and taste, this keto drink recipe is loaded with all kinds of health benefits that can be captured as a hot or a cold drink.
Peppermint tea contains antibacterial properties that can aid digestion while the menthol can help improve breathing and mental alertness. Therefore, drinking mint tea can aid an upset stomach or remedy indigestion. Lemongrass tea is a powerful detoxifier with antibacterial and antifungal properties that contains vitamin C. Therefore, it is a potent immunity booster that can also aid digestive health. Drinking lemongrass tea is believed to activate and boost metabolism.
This minty lemongrass keto drink recipe is prepared with mint, lemongrass, lemon, monk fruit, and an optional lemon flavor mix.
- Mint – You can steep the peppermint tea bags or let a handful of fresh mint leaves steep in hot water.
- Lemongrass – The same is true to capture the health benefits of lemongrass. You can either steep lemongrass tea bags or two handfuls of fresh cut lemongrass leaves.
- Lemon – Fresh squeezed lemon juice will provide the freshest lemon taste. However, bottled lemon juice can also be used.
- Monk Fruit – A delicious granulated monk fruit in the raw is added to sweeten this keto drink recipe. However, another sugar substitute can be used in this minty lemongrass drink.
- Lemon Flavor Mix – The lemon flavor mix can be added to mostly help sweeten the drink. However, it contributes to the lemony flavor as well.
- Bring all or some of the water to a boil.
- Then, remove the pot of boiling water from the stove.
- Then, carefully add the mint and lemongrass tea bags to the hot water and cover with a lid.
- Let the tea bags steep for at least 10 minutes. Then, remove the lid and the tea bags to allow the tea mixture to cool.
- When the tea mixture is cool enough to pour into your pitcher, you can then add the sugar free lemonade drink mix packets, fresh squeezed lemon juice, monk fruit, and any remaining water that is needed.
- Use a large spoon to stir the drink together and then taste it to determine if you want to tweak it.
- You can refrigerate the drink mixture until it is cold, drink it hot, or pour it over a cup of ice to enjoy right away.
This is another one of the delicious tasting keto drink recipes with some nice health benefits. It is quite easy to make. So, I hope you enjoy making and drinking this minty lemongrass keto drink recipe.