This mini cucumber onion salad is the perfect keto side salad for a hot summer day. It Prepared with fresh cool mini cucumbers and gorgeous purple onions, this keto side dish could not be much easier to bring together. In this way, you can be eating this keto salad with one of your keto meals sooner versus later. This mini cucumber onion salad also goes well with things like the keto tuna salad or the rosemary chicken salad. It is also a simple enough salad to prepare to go with one of the keto pizza recipes for pizza night!
This mini cucumber onion salad is prepared with cucumbers, onions, oil, and vinegar.
- Cucumbers – These mini cucumbers are about the size of a pickle. So, once sliced, they are the perfect bite-sized pieces for eating with a spoon or a fork.
- Onions – Purple onions are chopped into small pieces. In this way you can get a little bit of the onion flavor and its crunch with each bite of the salad.
- Oil – A healthy virgin olive oil is added to the salad mixture to create a very simple keto salad dressing. It gives it a wonderfully fresh and natural flavor.
- Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar with mother is used as the vinegar to finalize this simple keto salad dressing mix. You can use lemon juice if needed or preferred. The taste will be a little different with fresh squeezed lemon juice. However, it should be pretty yummy in its own way.
- Salt – The sour taste of the vinegar and lemon gives the allusion of having a little salt on the salad. So if you are trying to reduce your sodium intake, the salt and pepper are optional ingredients.
This delightful cucumber salad is super simple, but so refreshing. You can find more keto salad recipes. In the meantime, enjoy making and eating this mini cucumber onion salad.