The blue basil berry keto popsicles are a fragrant, tasty, and sour blend of berries and basil. These keto popsicles are the perfect color for a summer barbecue, outdoor graduation party, or just a backyard gathering. Whatever you decide, these delicious keto popsicles are a great way to cool off and get a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can boost your immune system.
This recipe is prepared with a fresh homemade basil tea which provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Basil is in the mint family. It does not taste like mint, but it does have a sweet and earthy aroma and taste. To further enhance the taste and health benefits provided by this keto popsicle recipe, vitamin C powder is added. It too is a powerful antioxidant that can boost the immune system. The basil tea and vitamin c powder is then combined with a delicious sugar free berry mix.
The keto popsicles are prepared with water, basil, berry flavor, and vitamin C powder.
- Water – Since the water for the keto popsicles is not cooked, bottled water is recommended for the best taste.
- Basil – Fresh basil leaves were steeped in hot water until the water had a pleasant basil taste and aroma. You can also use a basil tea bag as an alternative. Either way, let the basil steep until you get the desired taste and aroma.
- Berry Flavor – This particular keto popsicle is prepared with the Hawaiian Blue Berry Typhoon drink mix. It is a very tart drink mix by itself. So, with the vitamin C, it becomes a delicious sour tasting keto popsicle that the kids will really love! Or if you are an adult that likes sour tasting candy or popsicles, this version of the recipe will be for you. Otherwise, you can use the sugar free Jelly Belly berry blue drink mix. It is more sweet than sour in taste.
- Vitamin C – The vitamin C powder does add a mildly sour or tart taste. Therefore, a drink mix that is already tart will become really delicious and tart. But more importantly you get a healthy dose of an immune boosting antioxidant.
Blue Basil Berry Keto Popsicles
- Prepare the popsicle molds. Insert the wooden popsicle sticks and then place the mold on a cookie sheet or in a cake pan.
- Next, heat the needed amount of distilled water in a tea cup.
- Steep the basil leaves or tea in the cup of hot water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the water acquires a very distinct basil taste, you can remove the basil leaves with a fork or use a sieve.
- Now, you can add the berry typhoon drink mix packet and the vitamin C powder to the warm water.
- Stir the mixture well and then pour it into the popsicle molds.
- Place the keto popsicles in the freezer to freeze.
I hope you enjoy cooling off with keto popsicles as much as I do. They are a convenient treat for the old and the young. You know where to find more keto popsicle recipes and ideas for your next treat.