Keto Scrambled Eggs
The delicious broccoli scrambled eggs that were made Saturday turned into a delightful repeat on Sunday. So, this tasty satisfying broccoli scrambled eggs recipe is being shared with you today! With fresh broccoli and fresh purple onions, it is full of fresh crunchy vegetable flavors!
This broccoli scrambled eggs recipe really tastes like a good meal for one of those eat “something different” kind of dinner nights. There are no written rules about what to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. So, this broccoli scrambled eggs combination may be one that you decide to eat for brunch or even the occasional dinner.
You might enjoy this keto broccoli scrambled eggs with one of the keto biscuit recipes, keto bagel recipes, or another on of the keto breads. So, let’s get to the fresh ingredients used to prepare this broccoli scrambled eggs recipe.
This delicious keto broccoli scrambled eggs recipe is prepared with broccoli, onion, egg, cheese, meat, and salt.
- Broccoli – This recipe starts with sautéing garden fresh broccoli in a medium skillet with oil, water, and onions.
- Onions – Purple onions are used to give their slightly unique yummy onion flavor.
- Egg – Medium eggs are used in to make this broccoli scrambled eggs recipe. So, if you have small eggs you might want to add an extra egg. Or, if you are cooking with large eggs, you may only need two eggs.
- Cheese – Shredded American cheese is added to the eggs once they land in the skillet. However, a shredded cheddar cheese or another shredded cheese can be used.
- Meat – A shaved deli meat is added to this broccoli scrambled eggs combination. I happened to have turkey meat, but any deli meat that you like should give you a similar result when preparing the broccoli scrambled eggs.
- Salt – The cheese and meat will contribute some salt. And the eggs are naturally a little salty, so just salt the eggs to fit your taste.
Broccoli Scrambled Eggs
- Prepare by cutting or chopping the broccoli, purple onions, and deli meat.
- Then sauté the broccoli and onions in olive oil over medium heat until tender enough for your taste.
- You can add a little water to tenderize the broccoli more if wanted or needed.
- Next, remove the skillet from the burner while adding the eggs, deli meat, cheese, and salt.
- Use your spatula to scramble the egg mixture together and return it to the burner over medium to low heat.
- When cooked, serve on a plate or in a bowl.