Keto Shrimp Avocado Salad
Some years ago, I lived on this keto shrimp avocado salad for at least a few weeks! It has a little bit of everything that I was thoroughly enjoying at the time. It is super fresh, citrusy, spicy, and light. And this is all while being very filling. Then too, this keto shrimp avocado salad comes together quickly and easily after a long tiring day.
The avocado provides satiating healthy fats while the shrimp provides protein. Then, when you add the tomatoes and lime juice, you get your energizing dose of vitamin c. When you add the spicy pepper, you are all set to be rejuvenated. This keto shrimp avocado salad is truly a healthy and satisfying meal. With that said, however, it will likely serve as a delicious keto appetizer or keto side salad for many. So, let’s do a quick run-down of the yummy fresh ingredients.
This keto shrimp avocado salad is prepared with avocados, shrimp, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, lime, and salt. This is a salad that you eat right away. Otherwise, if needed, you can place the avocado seed in the salsa, cover the container with a secure lid, and then store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it shortly thereafter.
- Avocados – Fresh ripe avocados are need for this delicious recipe. When you gently squeeze a ripe avocado, the dark green skin should give just a little. If it is hard as a rock, let it sit on the counter for a day or two until the skin gives. However, keep an eye on it, they will ripen fast. This is especially true when it is warm. They do not ripen well in the refrigerator.
- Shrimp – Cooked shrimp are used in this keto shrimp avocado salad. You can use baby shrimp or cut up pieces of larger shrimp.
- Tomatoes – Any red tomato will work well with this recipe. This one is prepared with a Roma tomato.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is a must. It provides its yummy goodness along with all the other good stuff included in this keto shrimp avocado salad.
- Jalapeno – You can use jalapeno peppers or serrano peppers. The serrano peppers are usually a guaranteed very spicy pepper. Jalapenos are a sometimes a gamble. At times they are just as spicy as a serrano. Then, at other times they are like eating a jalapeno flavored bell pepper. It still good, it just does not make the keto shrimp avocado salad spicy. So, if you definitely what it to be spicy, go with the serrano pepper.
- Lime – Fresh lime juice is definitely the best in this recipe. A smooth skinned lime will be filled with plenty of delicious lime juice.
- Salt – Lime has that wonderful sour taste that kind of mimics the taste of salt. However, a sea salt can be added to the keto shrimp avocado salad to fit your taste.
Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Prepare the shrimp, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado, and cilantro as needed.
- Place the needed amount of each ingredient in a small bowl.
- Then, add lime juice and salt. Stir well.
- Enjoy immediately for the best color and taste.
That is all for now. You know where to find more keto salads. In the meantime, enjoy this yummy fresh keto shrimp avocado salad!