Hoisin Sauce Keto Recipe
This keto hoisin sauce is a thoroughly enjoyable sauce! It can be used to make a variety of quick and tasty Asian-inspired keto meals! The delicious keto hoisin sauce recipe has a little bit of everything. It is sweet, salty, spicy and even a little sour.
Hoisin sauce is often used in Cantonese cuisines to prepare a variety of stir fry recipes, glaze different meats, or even used as a sauce for dipping. A traditional hoisin sauce is prepared with brown sugar, honey, or a very dark and thick molasses. But, when prepared, there are many regional variations. Therefore, the color of a traditional hoisin sauce and the ingredients used may vary from region to region.
The keto hoisin sauce is prepared with a light brown sugar free syrup substitute. So, it is still just as incredibly delicious as a traditional hoisin sauce. Initially, it may be a little thinner because no flours or corn starches are used to thicken the sauce. However, once cooked, the keto hoisin sauce gets thick and sticky. But, either way, the keto hoisin sauce is yummy tasting and a super convenient sauce to have for making easy keto meals. So, let’s talk about the ingredients.
The ingredients used to prepare the keto hoisin sauce includes soy sauce, syrup, oil, vinegar, peanut butter, garlic, sriracha sauce, and pepper.
- Soy Sauce – Since soy sauce is incredibly salty, I recommend using low sodium soy sauce. Even the low sodium soy sauce contains plenty of sodium to keep this keto hoisin sauce flavorful. And, you can always add a dash of salt to get it just right .
- Syrup – An original sugar free pancake syrup is used to replace the molasses. So the keto hoisin sauce is still syrup sweet.
- Oil – Sesame seed oil has such a unique flavor that is common in many Asian cuisines. Even though it does what an oil is suppose to do, it is more like a seasoning for the food.
- Vinegar – Rice vinegar is commonly used in a hoisin sauce. However, this recipe uses an apple cider vinegar with mother.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter is not peanut butter. So, when making the keto hoisin sauce recipe, just stick with a peanut butter that you typically use and you should like the flavor.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic would really make this sauce flavorful! So, definitely go for it if time permits. Otherwise, the minced garlic from a jar can keep you on your way to making lunch or dinner.
- Sriracha – The sriracha sauce is a spicy and garlicky red pepper sauce use to make the keto hoisin sauce spicy. More or less can be used to create the taste that you want.
- Pepper – A basic black pepper powder is also used to prepare the keto hoisin sauce
Keto Hoisin Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a small pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Use what is needed and store the leftovers in the refrigerator in a seal container
This is a easy sauce to make. And, it is even easier to use to make savory Asian inspired recipes. So, I hope you are able to prepare a variety of different keto meals with this keto hoisin sauce!