Keto Kale Chips
These garlic and onion keto kale chips are a delicious keto snack. Kale is a delicious fall and winter keto vegetable. So, if you have never had keto kale chips before, you are in for a real treat. You would never think that a dark leafy green vegetable could crisp in the oven and taste like a pretty awesome keto chip substitute. And the great part is that these garlic and onion keto kale chips could not be much easier to make once you get the hang of it.
Tips For Success:
With that said, however, there are two basic tips for success! If you want nice crispy keto kale chips:
- Avoid washing the kale just before baking in the oven. If you wash the kale just before you are ready to prepare them for the oven, they will be too wet even after you think you dried the kale. So, instead of a perfectly thin light and crispy keto kale chips, you will likely end up with chewy or perhaps soggy chips.
- Avoid adding too much oil. Adding too much oil can also lead to chewy or soggy chips. After drizzling the kale with oil, use your hands to gently massage the oil evenly on the pieces of kale.
This keto kale chips recipe is prepared with kale, oil, onion, garlic, and salt. This is not a recipe with super exact measurements because it can vary. Therefore, within reason, you can add as much onion, garlic, and salt to fit your taste. The measurements in the recipe are just a guideline.
- Kale – Fresh curly kale is used to prepare this garlic and onion keto kale chips recipe. Start with fresh dry leaves and cut around the main stem. Use the leafy parts only.
- Oil – Virgin olive oil is the oil of choice for this recipe. However, avocado oil would make a good substitute for the olive oil. It has about the same thickness with a neutral taste. Add just enough oil for the seasoning to stick to the kale leaves.
- Onion – A simple onion powder is used to help modestly coat the keto kale chips.
- Garlic – A garlic powder is also used to modestly coat these keto kale chips after being lightly oiled.
- Salt – A sea salt can be sprinkled to fit your taste. A regular table salt can be used as well.
Garlic & Onion Keto Kale Chips
- Preheat Oven: 300 degrees
- Start by cutting dry kale leaves into bite-sized pieces. Cut around the main stem.
- Place in a bowl and then, drizzle the pieces of kale with olive oil.
- Use your hands to gently rub the oil over all the kale leaves. Add a few drops more as needed.
- Now sprinkle the slightly oiled kale with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Stir well again with your hands.
- Now spread the kale across a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to enjoy eating immediately.
If you made it this far, be sure to check out the keto snacks page for your next keto snack attack. This savory healthy keto kale chips recipe is actually one of the keto appetizers provided in the meal planner. So, I hope you enjoy making and eating this simple garlic and onion keto kale chips recipe.