Keto Almond Joy Recipe
The keto almond joy bar is made with a delightful keto almond joy recipe! Therefore, if you like keto coconut candy, you may really like the keto almond joy bar and the keto mounds bar recipe. Some people despise the texture of coconut while others love it. I like the texture and taste of coconut, so I thoroughly enjoyed making this small keto almond joy recipe and scarfing a keto almond joy bar afterwards! While you may not get them to turn out perfect and pretty each time, the yummy keto almond joy bar will taste all the same! So, just enjoy the taste of the keto almond joy recipe.
The keto almond joy recipe is, as per usual, a small batch of small-sized keto almond joy bars. You can double or triple the recipe with the click of a button in the actual keto almond joy recipe card. The original recipe will make 3 small bars of the keto almond joy bar. So, let’s talk about the ingredients.
This keto almond joy recipe is made with a sugar free coconut syrup, sugar free coconut filling, a small handful of almonds, and sugar free chocolate candy coating. So, lets talk about this keto almond joy recipe in sections.
The coconut syrup is one of the main ingredients used to make this keto almond joy recipe. The syrup is prepared with monk fruit, butter, milk, and syrup.
- Monk Fruit – The monk fruit sugar substitute is a pleasant tasting granulated sugar that is used to start making the syrup for the keto almond joy bar.
- Butter – An unsalted butter is used to add a little contrast in flavor for all the yummy coconut ingredients used to make this keto chocolate candy recipe.
- Milk – A thick and creamy canned coconut milk is used to make the keto almond joy bar. Canned coconut milk is nothing like a carton of coconut milk that you would drink or add to a keto cereal. So, you cannot substitute one for the other.
- Syrup – A sugar free pancake syrup is used in this keto almond joy recipe to give it a syrupy sweet taste that you would expect from a delicious keto almond joy bar.
The filling for this keto almond joy recipe is a mixture of coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut syrup, and almonds.
- Coconut Flakes – Measure out the needed amount of unsweetened coconut flakes. Then, gently grind them in a small food processor. I used a simple coffee grinder for this step.
- Coconut Oil – An organic virgin ketogenic coconut oil is used for this recipe. It is ketogenic and contributes very well to the overall flavor of the keto almond joy bar.
- Coconut Syrup – After the syrup cooks, you can add the coconut flakes and coconut oil directly to the small pot. Once you combine the mixture, stuff the coconut mixture into a small parchment paper lined rectangular shaped mold.
- Almonds – Whole unsalted almonds are used to gently press into the top of the coconut filling before refrigerating.
The chocolate coating for this keto almond joy bar includes chocolate chips and coconut oil. Chocolate is typically melted in a double boiler pot. However, the chocolate can also be melted in the microwave. There may be a small learning curve to getting this just right in your microwave.
- Chocolate Chips – I used sugar free milk chocolate chips to coat the keto almond joy bar. A sugar free dark chocolate chip can be used instead if wanted or needed. I prefer the Lily’s or Baked Believe brand because of the high quality sugar substitutes that they currently use that does not cause stomach upset.
- Coconut Oil – The coconut oil is a wonderful ketogenic oil. You can add just enough to help the chocolate melt well.
Keto Almond Joy Bar
Coconut & Filling
- Place the monk fruit, butter, syrup, and coconut milk together in a small pot.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over a medium or low heat setting. It will take less than a minute, so stir constantly.
- After the liquid syrup starts to boil for about a minute, remove the pot from the stove.
- Pulse the unsweetened coconut flakes in the food processor a few times.
- Then add the fine coconut flakes and soft coconut oil to the pot.
- Combine the ingredients well and then pour the coconut mixture into a small parchment paper lined rectangular shaped mold.
- Press the almonds into the coconut mixture. Then, place the bar in the refrigerator or freezer to harden completely.
- When the bar or bars are solid, unmold the coconut filling. Prepare as needed for coating in chocolate.
- Place the sugar free chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 10 second intervals until the chocolate melts completely.
- Now dip each coconut mound in chocolate and then place them on a parchment paper (or wax paper) lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate to let the chocolate harden.
- Then, enjoy as usual! Store any remaining bars in the refrigerator.
Keto coconut candy is one of my favorite keto chocolate candy recipes! The unsweetened shredded coconut is such a unique addition to keto chocolate candy. And since it is all sugar free, the keto almond joy bar is an incredibly healthy keto almond joy recipe for you to eat.