Zucchini Pizza Bites Keto Recipe
These keto zucchini pizza bites are surprisingly really delicious! So, if you are looking for a quick keto pizza fix, these keto zucchini pizza bites might be what you are looking for! You can prepare a mini zucchini pizza bites keto recipe in no time for a simple keto appetizer or meal. So, let’s get straight to the simple details.
The keto zucchini pizza bites are made with zucchini, sauce, cheese, meat, and garnish.
- Zucchini – A fresh zucchini is sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices. If you cut them much thicker than this, the keto zucchini pizza bites may take longer to cook in the oven. And a longer cooking time may burn the cheese. If they are sliced much thinner, the mini bites may be too flimsy to handle well.
- Sauce – To keep things simple, a delicious red gold marinara sauce is used. However, you can add whatever keto friendly sauce that you like to your keto zucchini pizza bites.
- Cheese – Fresh asiago cheese is used to top the marinara sauce. I am loving this parmesan flavored mozzarella textured cheese! The flavor is nice and it is not as salty as most cheese products. With that said however, you can definitely just use a shredded mozzarella cheese or a shredded pizza cheese blend.
- Meat – Since these keto zucchini pizza bites were inspired by the keto zucchini pizza, I just added small bits of salami. However, if possible, I would use the mini pepperoni slices for these keto zucchini pizza bites.
- Garnish – In this case, the little green garnish is actually part of the flavor! The fresh baby oregano leaves are added to the top of these keto zucchini pizza bites for an incredibly nice burst of flavor.
Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Preheat Oven: 400 degrees
- Slice the zucchini into1/4 inch thick pieces until you have 15 slices.
- Place the sliced zucchini pieces side by side (not touching) on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Use a small spoon to spread a tiny dollop of marinara sauce on top of each zucchini slice.
- Then top the sauce with the shredded asiago cheese.
- Now add your mini pieces of meat.
- Place keto zucchini pizza bites in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
That is all for now! This is a low carb appetizer than can be a delicious keto meal. So, I hope you are able to enjoy making and eating these keto zucchini pizza bites soon!