Keto Turtle Candy
This is a simple and incredibly delicious creamy keto caramel pecan clusters recipe. If I had to choose a favorite keto chocolate candy recipe, this keto turtle candy would definitely be one of my top five. Raw pecans are delicious all by themselves. Chocolate is wonderful all by itself. And let’s not talk about the sweet and creamy sugar free caramel – yum! So, when you put the raw pecans, the keto chocolate, and the sugar free caramel together to make keto caramel pecan clusters, you are in for a real treat.
The keto caramel pecan clusters require no baking and no cooking on the stove. As mentioned and discussed, they are made with raw pecans, chocolate, and caramel. So, let’s briefly discuss the ingredients use to make this super easy keto turtle candy recipe!
- Pecans – Unsalted pecan pieces were used in these keto caramel pecan clusters recipe. However, adding salted pecans would put another delightful twist on things. This is especially true if you like sweet and salty chocolate combinations.
- Chocolate – Sugar free dark chocolate chips are melted along with coconut oil to make the chocolate base and coating for the caramel pecan mix.
- Caramel – The wonderfully delicious caramel used to make the candy is Smucker’s Sugar Free Caramel (Sundae Syrup). It is thick and creamy, so it can be used in a variety of different ways. This caramel does not freeze or become hard. So, when you bite into the keto caramel pecan clusters, they are soft and creamy.
Besides being delicious, this keto turtle candy recipe is full of health benefits as well.
Pecans are full of vitamins and minerals that the body needs. In addition, they contain beneficial fats. The kind of fat that benefits your overall health and well-being. So, the health benefits of pecans are quite impressive.
Eating dark chocolate can improve your mood and your energy level. It contains multiple feel good properties including magnesium. With regard to increasing your energy, chocolate has caffeine and lots of iron. A person with low iron will be low on energy. So, these are just a few of the health benefits of eating dark chocolate.
Coconut oil is a popular on the keto diet. One of the main things of interest is burning fat and using fat for energy. Well, coconut oil is a ketogenic oil that literally burns some of your body fat and gives you lots of energy. But interestingly this just scratches the surface of the health benefit of coconut oil.
Keto Caramel Pecan Clusters
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil for the base in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 10 second increments until melted. Stir at each interval.
- Now spread the needed number of circle onto the wax paper.
- Use a small bowl to mix the caramel and pecan pieces together.
- Now use a small spoon to fill the center of each chocolate base.
- Now you can prepare the chocolate coating by placing the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 15-20 second intervals until the chocolate chips melt. Stir the mixture at each interval.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel pecans.
- When finished, place the keto caramel pecan clusters in the freezer or refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This keto turtle candy is a delightful little treat for you to enjoy of a keto diet. You know where to find more keto chocolate candy recipes! These creamy filled keto caramel pecan clusters are a delight.