Keto Chocolate Peanut Clusters
These keto peanut clusters are simple, but yummy, keto chocolate peanut clusters. Currently living in a very warm region, the welcomed fall temperatures inspire all kinds of new keto recipes that are much easier to make in the fall. If I had to make all the keto ice cream recipes again, for photography purposes, my choice would definitely be to make them in the spring, fall, or winter. Well, unlike the keto ice cream, these yummy keto peanut clusters are very much so conducive for the fall and the winter temperatures. However, you can make and enjoy eating keto chocolate covered peanuts any time of year!
These keto peanut clusters are made with 3-ingredients that all have unique health benefits. All of the benefits will not be discussed, but I will highlight a few points and then point you in the direction to learn more about each ingredient used to make these keto chocolate peanut clusters.
Some of the health benefits of eating dark chocolate are that it contains a significant amount of iron, magnesium and other things that literally make us feel good. The health benefits of peanuts compliment the benefits of chocolate perfectly! Peanuts are loaded with a b-vitamin that improves blood flow which improves cardiovascular health and can keep you warmer in the cooler months. Then, peanuts are also loaded with feel good magnesium and some type of natural anti-depressant. There is a story in the Fall 2020 Edition of SIMPLE written about the unique benefits of peanuts. And last, but not least, these keto peanut clusters contains coconut oil. A person could write a book or two about the uses and health benefit of coconut oil. However, the main thing of interest here is that it is a ketogenic oil meaning that it literally burns body fat. And it too will help you feel warmer in the cooler months.
So, with all that said, let’s just briefly discuss the ingredient options for this keto peanut clusters. The ingredients used to make these keto peanut clusters are peanuts, chocolate, and coconut oil.
- Peanuts – When making your own keto chocolate peanut clusters, you can use salted peanuts, unsalted peanuts, or both. All peanut brands do not taste the same. So, unless you feel like experimenting, stick with a brand you know that you will like. Unsalted peanuts taste wonderful until you try the keto peanut clusters with salted peanuts. So, if you are looking for a way to reduce your sodium intake, this is an easy and yummy way to do so.
- Chocolate – You can use sugar free dark chocolate or sugar free milk chocolate chips to make this chocolate keto peanut clusters recipe. The dark chocolate is easier to work with when melting the chocolate to make candy. The milk chocolate has a sweeter taste, but is seems to be a little more gooey to work with at times. Nevertheless, they both still taste really good.
- Coconut Oil – An extra virgin coconut oil is used to make the chocolate for these keto peanut clusters. So, you need the coconut oil that becomes solid at room temperatures to make these low carb peanut clusters.
Keto Peanut Clusters
- Place the coconut oil and sugar free chocolate chips in a microwave safe container.
- Place the bowl in the microwave to melt in 10 – 20 second intervals. Stir in between each interval.
- Now pour the peanuts into the chocolate. Stir to coat them well.
- Then scoop a spoonful of the mixture onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- When finished, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to harden.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
That is all for now! Chocolate and peanuts are such a delightful combination. They not only taste good together, they both make us feel good by supplying us with vitamins and minerals that the body needs. So, I hope you enjoy making and eating these simple keto peanut clusters.