This savory Indian scrambled eggs recipe is a delicious option for your keto low carb breakfast, brunch, or dinner. It is made with a variety if fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices. So these Indian scrambled eggs are loaded with immune-boosting vitamin C and natural antibiotics. Therefore, if you are feeling a bit under the weather, these delicious warming immune-boosting spices can help you start feeling better as well.
Indian scrambled eggs are made across the country of India. It is a cultural dish that varies slightly across the region based on an Indian spice called garam masala. However, there is no single garam masala recipe, it recipe varies across the region. If you took a trip to Northern India, their scrambled eggs are made with spices that have more warming properties due to their colder winters but is less spicy. In contrast, Indian scrambled eggs in Southern India are spicier in taste. So, either way, depending on what part of the world you are from, you will end up with some savory yummy Indian scrambled eggs.
The scrambled eggs are typically served with bread. To me, this Indian scrambled eggs recipe would go well with a keto cauliflower rice, keto bagel, or a keto flaxseed wrap.
The ingredients used in this keto Indian scrambled eggs recipe includes onion, pepper, garlic, tomato, curry, cream, and egg.
- Onion – Diced purple onions are typically sautéed in butter to make Indian scrambled eggs. This recipe uses purple onions. However, yellow or white onion can be used as well.
- Pepper – Traditional Indian scrambled eggs are made with red or green chili peppers. Since I currently do not keep chili peppers in the fridge, I adapted the recipe using fresh green bell pepper and dried red pepper flakes. So, if you decide to use red or green chili peppers, omit the bell pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Garlic – With such a savory keto brunch kind of recipe, I opted for freshly minced garlic. However, garlic from a jar or garlic powder would give you similar results.
- Tomato – Fresh Roma tomatoes are used in this particular recipe. Any tomato you have and use should work just fine.
- Curry – Traditional Indian scrambled eggs are made with and Indian spice called garam masala. However, curry is a good substitute for this if you already have some on hand. Otherwise, you may be able to purchase the garam masala online or from a local grocery store.
- Cream – A heavy whipping cream is mixed into the eggs to give it a lighter texture.
- Egg – Medium eggs are used too make this recipe. So, you can adjust the number of eggs if you are using small or large eggs.
Indian Scrambled Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Curry
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- Start by preparing your vegetables. Set them aside.
- Then whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and curry together in a small cup or bowl. Set aside.
- Now used the skillet and spatula to sauté the onions and pepper in butter over medium heat.
- After a minute or two, add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 1 minute or until they become fragrant.
- Then stir the red chili peppers and tomatoes into the vegetables and add the egg mixture.
- Use your spatula to move the vegetables and eggs around until they are scrambled to your liking.
I hope you have been enjoying some of our scrambled egg recipes! This is one that can be made and served for a quick lunch or dinner as well. Let me know how you like the Indian scrambled eggs.