Kale Egg Scramble
This healthy low carb keto kale scrambled eggs recipe is a simple delicious way to start the day! Many people have discovered kale, so it is always nice to find a new fun way to use kale. This kale egg scramble is a delicious recipe with only a few ingredients used. You may enjoy this yummy kale scrambled eggs with one of our keto bagels. I ate it with half a keto sour cream and chives bagel. With sautéed onions being one of the ingredients, this kale scramble eggs recipe paired extremely well with the sour cream and chives keto bagel. It would also go well with a slice of cheese.
So, let’s get to the ingredients used in this kale scrambled eggs recipe!
This yummy low carb kale egg scramble is made with kale, onions, eggs, cream, salt, and olive oil.
- Kale – Fresh or frozen kale can be used in this recipe. If using fresh kale, cut the kale into small bite-sized pieces. Frozen kale was used to make this kale scrambled eggs combination. So, the measurement is based on frozen kale.
- Onions – Again, fresh or frozen onions can be sautéed and used in this yummy recipe. Using what I had, this was a fresh ingredient that was added.
- Eggs – Medium eggs are whisked together with the cream. So, if you are using much smaller eggs or much larger eggs, you may need to add less or more cream.
- Cream – A heavy whipping cream is used to make the kale scrambled eggs light and fluffy. A similar result can be achieved with softened cream cheese.
- Salt – The salt is always optional in eggs because eggs are naturally salty. Therefore, you can add salt to fit your taste. And, adding a little black pepper may be a welcomed flavor for some.
- Olive Oil – The olive oil is initially used to sauté the kale and onion. Afterwards, it is used to scramble the eggs. You can use whatever low flavor oil you have and like to make the keto kale scrambled eggs.
Kale Scrambled Eggs
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and salt together in a small bowl or dish. Set aside.
- Then start sautéing the kale and onions over medium heat in olive oil.
- After 2-3 minutes add the egg mixture.
- Use the spatula to scramble the eggs until cooked to your liking.
I hope you enjoy this scrambled eggs and kale recipe. You can find more scrambled eggs here. Let me know what you decide to eat with your kale scrambled eggs.