Scrambled Eggs With Green Onion
Since my little green onions herbs have been begging for a trim, I decided to use them in this scrambled eggs with green onions recipe. These soft scrambled eggs with green onions are a simple savory way to start or perhaps end the day. With the subtle hint of fresh cut baby green onions, scrambled eggs with green onion is a quick and easy keto low carb breakfast eggs idea.
Once scrambled, on a keto diet, diabetic diet, or low carb diet, you can eat them with a small side of fresh keto approved fruits to wash your palate. Or, you can have them with a yummy slice of this semi-sweet healthy low carb bread provided in the low carb meal planner. This bread reminds me of a honey wheat bread, but it is indeed a sugar free keto bread. To me, it is the perfect combination of sweet and savory for this scrambled eggs with green onions recipe! However, it you want to keep your scrambled eggs with green onions completely savory, you can eat them with the plain keto bagel or with the sour cream and chives keto bagel.
So, lets get to the handful of ingredients. The scrambled eggs with green onions are made with eggs, cream, green onions, oil, and salt.
- Eggs – Medium eggs were used in this recipe. So, if you have large eggs, you may want to add more green onions. For those using small eggs, you can likely add an extra egg.
- Cream – A heavy whipping cream is used to make the scrambled eggs. It stretches the egg recipe a little and what is more, it minimize the risk of ending up with hard rubbery eggs. Instead, the heavy cream makes the eggs turn out to be soft and fluffy when cooked at an appropriate heat setting.
- Green Onions – Fresh baby green onions were cut and used in this simple scrambled eggs recipe. But, any sliced green onions will help you achieve a similar result. However, It is really easy to grow green onions in water.
- Oil – For this scrambled eggs recipe, a healthy virgin olive oil is used to cook the scrambled eggs with green onion. Nevertheless, any low flavor oil can be used.
- Salt – Since eggs are naturally salty on their own, many people will skip the salt. However, you can add salt to fit your taste preference.
Scrambled Eggs With Green Onions
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp. Green Onions (Sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil (About 2-3 teaspoons)
- Mediterranean Sea Salt (Salt to Taste)
- Start by slicing the green onions.
- Then, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together.
- Next, coat the skillet with olive oil and preheat for about 30 second over a medium heat setting.
- Add the eggs once the skillet has a moment to get warm.
- Then sprinkle the green onions and salt over the eggs in the skillet.
- Use your spatula to gently push the eggs to the center of the skillet. Push the eggs to the center in a circular motion until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
I hope you enjoy your keto low carb breakfast eggs! You know where to find more delicious keto scrambled eggs. Let me know how your keto scrambled eggs with green onions breakfast turns out.