Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
The Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs are incredibly simple and delicious. With a thick and meaty texture and delicious earthy flavor, the Portobello mushrooms are a wonderful addition to your keto scrambled eggs. With such a savory intense flavor, these Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs are a great way to start the day. So, I hope you get to add them to your low carb meal planner soon. If needed, you can find some low carb meal plans to help you get started.
The ingredients used to make the Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs are eggs, cream, mushrooms, onion, garlic, olive oil and salt.
- Eggs – Three medium eggs were used in this Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs recipe. If you have a container of small eggs, you can add an extra egg to help balance out the remaining ingredients.
- Cream – A heavy whipping cream is used to make the eggs light, fluffy, and a little creamy depending on how long you scramble the eggs.
- Mushrooms – Portobelllo mushrooms have a uniquely pleasant taste and texture. Therefore, if another mushroom is used, you will get a completely different tasting mushroom scrambled eggs recipe.
- Onion – Unless you are making an onion recipe, onion seems to be the balance on garlic. So, onion powder was used to compliment the garlic. Alternatively, fresh onions can used when making this into a low carb meal instead of a low carb breakfast.
- Garlic – Since its early in the morning, I decided to use garlic powder instead of freshly minced garlic. However, if you decide to make this for dinner one night, fresh garlic would really take this savory mushroom scrambled eggs recipe up a notch.
- Olive Oil – Portobello mushrooms remind me of Italian food. Therefore, a healthy virgin olive oil contributes well to the overall taste of the Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs.
- Salt – Since eggs are naturally salty. the salt is optional.
Portobello Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
- Start by dicing the portobello mushrooms until you have enough.
- Next, mix the eggs, heavy whipping cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Then use a skillet and spatula to saute the mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat.
- After about a minute. you can add the eggs. Use a spatula to gently push the eggs towards the center of the skillet until cooked to your liking.
I hope you enjoy making and eating the Portobello mushroom scrambled eggs this morning!