Keto Trail Mix Recipe
This is an absolutely delicious sweet and salty keto trail mix recipe! This is one of my favorite traditional trail mix blends because it has a little bit of it all. This keto trail mix recipe has the soft crunch of salty cashews mixed with the firm crunch of a salted almond. The chewy texture, but tart taste of no sugar added dried cranberries mixed with the soft crunch of the bittersweet melt in your mouth sugar free chocolate candy buttons. When you combine the tastes and textures – tart, sweet, bitter, salty, crunchy, and chewy – snacks together, you end up with a wonderful tasting keto trail mix. With only 3 net carbs per serving, it makes an excellent low carb keto snack for your low carb meal planner.
This keto trail mix recipe is incredibly healthy for you to eat. It is a diabetic-friendly trail mix that the whole family can enjoy snacking on. In addition to it being a keto and low carb snack, you can also control the amount of sodium you add. You can make this a low sodium keto trail mix or even no sodium keto trail mix as needed or wanted. I chose to make this a low sodium recipe, but you can definitely add whatever nuts you want – salted or unsalted.
You can probably spot all of the ingredients on your own, but I will list and provide a few details about the keto trail mix ingredients for you as well.
- Peanuts – I like to think of eating peanuts as taking a highly beneficial multivitamin. Therefore, I order unsalted peanuts from the grocery store. Therefore, I started my keto trail mix with unsalted peanuts. If interested, you can learn more about the health benefits of peanuts on the website. There is also a special blurb about peanuts in the SIMPLE magazine (Fall 2020 Edition).
- Almonds – A smaller amount of salted almond were added next. There are many almond health benefits as well.
- Cashews – As the seed of an apple, this wonderful tasting cashew is not as low in carbs as the macadamia nuts. However, there are some cashew health benefits. Nevertheless, only a small amount of the cashews are added to this keto trail mix. You can definitely swap the cashew nuts for macadamia nuts instead.
- Cranberries – No sugar added cranberries are added for the keto trail mix recipe. Only a tablespoon is used in the recipe.
- Candy Buttons – The completely yummy Russel Stover Sugar Free Chocolate Candy Gems are added.
Keto Trail Mix
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bag or container.
- Stir or gently shake.
I hope you enjoy this keto trail mix recipe! Do you know we have several more keto trail mix recipes? Some are sweet and some are savory. Two of my favorite savory mixes are the onion ranch low carb (keto) trail mix and the chili cheddar high protein low carb (keto) trail mix . That is all for now. Let me know how you enjoy this keto trail mix recipe.