Greek Scrambled Eggs
Greek scrambled eggs are an incredibly delicious and savory way to start the day. So, if you have an adventurous palate, you may really like these scrambled eggs. These Greek-inspired scrambled eggs are a one-dish wonder that are worth an add to your low carb meal planner. With only a handful of ingredients that you likely have in the fridge or freezer, these Greek scramble eggs are a delightful low carb breakfast egg treat. With such savory flavors, you may enjoy these Greek scrambled eggs with one of our low carb breakfast bread recipes or perhaps one of our other low carb breads.
These Greek scrambled eggs are made with eggs, kale, tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, and feta cheese.
- Egg – Three medium eggs are used in the original recipe. However, you can reduce, double, or triple the recipe according to your needs.
- Kale – Thawed frozen kale is used in this recipe. About 1/4 cup was thawed in the microwave and then dried with paper towel. Ultimately, you will end up with about one tablespoon of kale.
- Tomatoes – Fresh cherry, grape, vine ripe, beef steak or Roma tomatoes will contribute a similar flavor to this recipe. So, you can use what you have or prefer. A Roma tomato was used in this Greek scramble eggs recipe.
- Olives – Sliced black olives are used in this recipe. But, green olives will work just as well.
- Garlic – A garlic powder was used for simplicity. However, if you are trying to treat guest to a really nice delight, freshly minced garlic would take these Greek scrambled eggs to another level. Nevertheless, even with garlic powder, this is a delicious scrambled egg combo.
- Oregano – Fresh oregano would really take this Greek scrambled eggs up a notch. But the dried oregano leaves used in this scramble eggs recipe was full of flavor as well!
- Feta Cheese – Just a bit of crumbled feta cheese is crumbled across the top of these Greek scrambled eggs. However, you can be a little more generous with this delicious cheese to make this low carb breakfast egg more filling.
Greek Scrambled Eggs
- Start by thawing and drying the kale as needed.
- Then, slice and dice the olives and tomatoes.
- Next, add the eggs to a small bowl with the garlic powder, oregano leaves, and salt. Whisk well.
- Place the skillet on the stove with olive oil over a medium to low heat setting.
- Add the eggs and vegetables. Use your spatula to gently scramble the eggs.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese.
If you like this low carb breakfast egg recipe, you may also like some of our other low carb breakfast egg recipes. That is all for now! I hope you enjoy these Greek scrambled eggs.