Keto Zucchini Chips
Keto zucchini chips are incredibly delicious! Just when I was super impressed with how good homemade kale chips taste, the keto zucchini chips step forward. The keto zucchini chips actually taste a lot like potato chips! It is truly amazing how similar they taste. So, if you are using our diabetic meal planner or low carb meal planner, you are in for a real treat with these keto zucchini chips!
Step 1: Slicing
Making keto zucchini chips is relatively easy. The hardest part is slicing them evenly and thinly for them to cook evenly. Once you master that little art, you will be well on your way to eating keto zucchini chips. While I endeavor to keep things as simple as possible, I did use a mandolin slice for these keto zucchini chips. And there is another recipe that I want to make that really needs a mandolin slice for it to turn out well. The prices vary drastically, but at the time of this post, I was able to purchase one for under $10 on Amazon. So, let’s get to the simple steps.
Step 2: Drying
The keto zucchini chips are easy to make, but they do require a little preliminary effort. After slicing the zucchini thinly and evenly, place them side by side on a couple of sheets of paper towel. Once you finish slicing and lining the zucchini chips on paper towels, cover with a couple more paper towels and press firmly to remove as much moisture from the zucchini as possible.
Step 3: Seasoning
Lightly brush both sides of the zucchini chips with olive oil. Then, lightly season the keto zucchini chips with sea salt. Remember that you can always add more salt afterwards. If they are too salty, you cannot fix that. Therefore, less is more until you get the hang of how much salt you need. After seasoning, place the keto zucchini chips side by side on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You will likely need at least two cookie sheets.
Step 4: Baking
The oven should be preheated to 225 degrees. Once heated, place the keto zucchini chips in the oven to bake for at least 2 hour. If the keto zucchini chips are sliced evenly, they will cook evenly. Otherwise, the thinner slices will cook faster and will need to be removed from the oven sooner than the thicker slices. So, you may end up grazing your way through these yummy keto zucchini chips during the last several minutes of baking.
If you like this zucchini recipe, you may also like:
- Keto Zucchini Rolls
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- Blackened Sauteed Zucchini
- Sausage Zucchini Skillet
Keto Zucchini Chips
- Preheat Oven: 225 degrees
- Begin slicing the zucchini into really thin and even slices.
- Then, place the zucchini slices side by side on a couple of sheets of paper towels.
- When finished slicing, use another couple of paper towels to press down firmly on the zucchini slices to remove as much of the moisture as possible. This will help them become crispier and cook faster.
- After the moisture has been removed, lightly coat both sides with olive oil and sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Line a both cookie sheets with parchment paper and place the oiled and salted zucchini slices side by side to bake.
- Place in the over to bake for 2 or more hours.
- If sliced unevenly, the thinner slices will be cooked and ready to remove from the oven sooner than the thicker slices.
I hope you enjoy the keto zucchini chips as much as I do.