Sausage Egg And Cheese
This yummy keto sausage egg and cheese recipe is super easy! It reminds me of the keto McGriddle recipe and the keto sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit that are part of our low carb meal planner. In fact, I actually dribbled a little sugar free pancake syrup on a piece of the cooked sausage egg and cheese just to see how it would taste. And, it was actually pretty good. So, if you are feeling adventurous this morning, you may want to give the syrup a try.
This fluffy sausage egg and cheese recipe is prepared in the microwave with only a few ingredients. It is made with eggs, almond milk, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (optional). In the original recipe, three medium eggs are used. Then, an unsweetened almond milk is added and whisked with the eggs. Next, onion powder and black pepper are added and mixed into the egg mixture. This results in a fluffy moist sausage egg and cheese recipe.
The precooked and thawed pork sausage is placed in the center of the microwave safe dish before adding the egg mixture. The omelet maker used for this recipe is shaped like a half circle. So, only half of the pork sausage patty is used to make this recipe. If you use a small round microwave safe dish, you may be able to add the whole piece of sausage if you want. You can also use a turkey breakfast sausage patty or a precooked chicken sausage patty instead of pork.
Once cooked, the keto sausage, egg, and cheese is then topped with a mild shredded cheddar cheese and freshly chopped parsley. However, an American cheese would also taste really good with this keto sausage egg and cheese recipe. The parsley garnish is optional. However, if you like parsley you know that it does contribute to the flavor nicely.
Keto Sausage Egg And Cheese
- Small Microwave Safe Dish
- Start by preparing your pork sausage. If you are using a frozen pork sausage patty, place it in the microwave long enough to thaw.
- Once thawed, cut the sausage patty in half as needed to fit the size and shape of you container or microwave omelet maker.
- Next, place the eggs in a small bowl with the unsweetened almond milk. Whisk together well.
- Then, add the onion powder and black pepper. Stir well again.
- Place the sausage patty in the microwave dish and then pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
- Microwave in 1 minute increments until cooked. The time needed to cook will vary greatly depending on the size and depth of your dish.
- Top with shredded mild cheddar cheese (or American cheese) and chopped parsley.