Keto Lemon Popsicles
These keto lemon popsicles remind me of yummy street food vendor lemonade that you may get in parts of Asia or South America. These unique drinks are often made with a local unfamiliar sweetener of some sort. So, a simple lemonade becomes a real treat to some foreigners. Well, these keto lemon popsicles are made with an amber colored sugar free syrup. They are sweet, semi-tart and refreshing! So, these keto lemon popsicles does not taste like your basic American lemonade you would get at a restaurant or serve at your backyard BBQ. Traditional lemonade is one of my favorite, if not my most favorite drink, so it is always nice to have a little more variety.
So, let’s talk about the ingredients.
These keto lemon popsicles are made with fresh squeezed lemonade, water, sugar free syrup, and food coloring. Fresh squeezed lemonade will definitely give you the freshest tasting keto lemon popsicles. The purchased 100% lemon juice will work to complete the recipe, but I find that it has a significant aftertaste. So, it will not taste nearly as good. Distilled water is used for the needed water to keep the popsicles tasting fresh. Then the sugar free syrup used is actually an original sugar free pancake syrup. So, this is what gives them their nice amber or honey color. So, the drop of yellow food coloring used gives the keto lemon popsicle their hint of yellow.
That is all there is to making these keto lemon popsicles. Let me know what you think of these sugar free syrupy sweet treats once you add them to your low carb meal planner.
Keto Lemon Popsicles
- First, insert your popsicle sticks into the mold.
- Then, place the popsicle mold on something rigid and freezer safe. This will make the popsicle mold much easier to transfer to the freezer.
- Next, squeeze enough lemon juice and remove the seeds.
- Now place the lemon juice, water, sugar-free pancake syrup, and food colorings in a bowl or cup.
- Stir the ingredients together until the lemon mixture is smooth. Fill the popsicle molds.
- Place the lemon juice filled molds in the freezer for 3-6 hours.
If you like these lemon keto popsicles you may also like the keto blueberry popsicles, peach mango keto popsicles, cucumber watermelon keto popsicles, strawberry keto popsicles, keto lime popsicles, keto fudge popsicles, pina colada keto popsicles, kiwi lemon keto popsicles. or some other keto popsicles. Let me know how you enjoy these syrupy sweet keto lemon popsicles!