Keto Bacon Pizza
This keto bacon pizza is another delicious bacon and mushroom pizza. Bacon is one of those things that mostly all of us really enjoy the smell of it cooking and the taste of eating it. And, we all typically have our own unique texture preference for our bacon. Some like their bacon burnt to a crisp while others just want a cooked chewy piece of bacon. However, with all that said, most of us also know that it is not the healthiest cut of meat. So, I like to use it sparingly here and there. In this way, you can let the bacon add flavor while balancing it out with another healthier combinations.
This keto bacon pizza is a really yummy pizza that I will treat myself to on special occasions with a healthy side salad. It is made with a really nice combination of flavors and textures for the crust, the sauce, and the toppings. This keto bacon pizza will go great with the cherry tomato salad, keto cucumber salad, heart of palm salad, Italian cucumber salad, or the low carb cucumber salad.
LOW CARB MEAL PLANNER
You can add this to your low carb meal planner and get a grocery list. Find more budget-friendly low carb meals.
So, let’s get to the recipe!
This pizza crust recipe turned out to be a general crowd pleaser for even the pickiest pizza eater in the house. The crust for this keto bacon pizza is made with a combination of 3 main ingredients including almond flour, mozzarella cheese, and cauliflower rice. The almond flour gives it that bready texture while the mozzarella helps it have a doughy texture. The cauliflower is used to stretch the ingredients for this keto crust without adding more fat or sodium. So, with regards to the sodium, the cauliflower makes this pizza crust a little healthier.
For me, eating keto pizza is a treat in itself. Therefore, I usually just add a basic tomato paste or sauce for the topping. However, for this keto bacon pizza, I decided to improve the taste of the pizza sauce with some added ingredients. So, the sauce includes tomato paste, water, sugar free syrup, garlic powder, and basil leaves.
The toppings used for this keto bacon pizza include the sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, and bacon. The sauce was prepared as described above and in the recipe card. A shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese is used. And a slice of precooked bacon is used. After the pizza comes out of the oven, fresh cut parsley is added to the top to give it more flavor and color.
Keto Bacon Pizza
- 3/4 c. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Slice Bacon
- 1/4 c. Mushrooms Canned
- Parsley Optional
- Preheat Oven: 400 degrees
- Start with a thawed room temperature bag of cauliflower.
- Place the needed amount of cauliflower in between paper towels and squeeze the cauliflower dry.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with the almond flour, garlic powder, and baking powder. Stir well.
- Now add the shredded mozzarella cheese and the fat free cream cheese in the bowl. Stir and place the bowl in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds. Stir until all the cheese is melted and a dough forms. Microwave a little longer as needed.
- Once the dough is ready, place it in the middle of a parchment paper lined pizza pan.
- Use another piece of parchment paper (or wax paper) to cover the dough and roll into a thin round pizza crust.
- Place the crust in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the ingredients for 15-20 seconds to soften the paste. This will make it easier to stir and spread across the pizza.
- Add the sauce as the first topping, then add the cheese.
- Now add the cut pieces of bacon and mushrooms.
- Put the pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you like this keto pizza, you may also like the keto sausage pizza, keto breakfast pizza, chicken burger pizza, cheeseburger pizza, or the bacon, sausage, and onion keto pizza. I hope you enjoy treating yourself to this keto bacon pizza!