Egg White Wraps
Egg white wraps are incredibly easy to make and convenient to have around. They are delicious with a variety of different things. I ended up making a batch of egg white wraps after realizing that the brand new carton of eggs I received from the store had somehow all been cracked on the bottom. Well, when life gives you 18 cracked eggs, make egg white wraps!
If you are a complete newbie to low carb diet life and trying to decide are eggs low carb, they are indeed. Eggs are low carb, keto, and diabetic diet approved. And the nice part about these high protein egg white wraps is that they are full of the good stuff. Without the yolk, the eggs contain no cholesterol. So, you are eating a collagen protein wrap when you eat these. You can learn more about the health benefits of collagen and your protein intake when you are on a low carb diet.
Most of the egg whites were used to make the egg white wraps. However, some of the egg yolks were used to make a yummy homemade mayo. This too will be very convenient to have around when you start making your low carb summer meat salads. However, I ended up eating one of these egg white wraps with a slice of deli meat and a small wedge of lettuce. It was super fresh and yummy with the egg white wraps seasoning. Another one was used with some nicely flavored precooked green beans and it too was really good. They have a mostly neutral taste, so do not be shy about experimenting with these egg white wraps when you add them to your low carb meal planner.
Egg White Wraps
- Crack and separate egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Add a generous amount of oil to the skillet. Use spatula to make sure the entire surface is covered with oil.
- Then, preheat the skillet for about 1 minute over low to medium heat.
- Now slowly pour the egg whites into the warm skillet. Use the handle of the skillet to help shape the egg white as the need may be.
- Once shaped, sprinkle the top with everything bagel seasoning.
- Let cook completely on the one side, do not flip.
- Remove and let each one of the egg white wraps cool before using as a handheld wrap.
If you do not want to crack and separate a bunch of eggs, you can purchase just the egg whites at the store. Or, you can purchase egg white wraps online. I hope you enjoy making and eating these. Let me know what you decide to eat with your egg white wraps!