Pineapple Gummy Bears
These keto pineapple gummy bears are absolutely delicious tropical gummy bears! It is summer time, so I decided to change up my gummy bear molds for some added fun. Keto gummy bears are sugar free gummy bears and therefore low carb and diabetic gummy bears. However, you would have a hard time realizing that these keto pineapple gummy bears are sugar free if no one told you.
The flavor used to make these pineapple gummy bears are really good! So, I did not add anything extra to the pineapple gummy bears. These are only pineapple gummy bears. So, with all pineapple gummy bears you can eat until your heart is content . The same is true for the pina colada gummy bears. The first batches of pineapple gummy bears were made with the Sunkist Pineapple. As, already mentioned, they tasted yummy. However, the Crush Pineapple also taste really good. But, I did notice hard to dissolve white spots in the gummies when I used the Crush brand. I did not end up with the little white spots when I used the Sunkist brand. It could be just a fluke.
Originally, I used an island themed silicone ice tray to make these large tropical gummy bears into birds. I loved the grown up size of the pineapple gummy bears! And I am pretty sure that your kids will not mind them either. You can find a similar tropical molds on Amazon. If you want the exact mold, you can find the exact set of tropical molds here. You can then use the pineapple mold to make the pineapple gummy bears. Since then, I remade the pineapple gummy bears with flip flops!
Pineapple Gummy Bears
- Pour the gelatin of your choice (Knox or Vital Proteins Gelatin) into one of the bowls along with the Sunkist Pineapple drink mix packets. Gently stir the powdered mixture together.
- Next, prepare your gummy bear molds for pouring these pineapple gummy bears. You can have your squeezer ready to use, but the molds I used are large enough for you to actually pour the mixture.
- Now, add at least half the water into the empty bowl and microwave for 15 – 20 seconds until the water is hot. Carefully remove the water from microwave.
- Add the remaining half of the room temperature water to the powdered drink mix and gelatin mixture. Then, stir it quickly but gently as the mixture will start to set quickly.
- Once the mixture is blended evenly into a paste-like mixture, pour the hot water over the paste and stir until a thin syrup-like mixture has formed. If needed, microwave for another 15 seconds to thin the mixture and to remove any clumps.
- Now you can fill the molds by pouring the mixture or using a squeezer. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the gummy bears are firm.
- After the gummy bears set, unmold the gummies and enjoy!
- You can store the extra gummy bears in the refrigerator for a few days.