Pineapple and Pina Colada Tropical Gummy Bears
These absolutely delicious tropical gummy bears are a combination of pineapple gummy bears and pina colada gummy bears. It is summer time, so I decided to change up my gummy bear molds for some added fun with these sugar free tropical gummy bears. So, to be clear, these are keto gummy bears and therefore low carb and diabetic-friendly. However, you would have a hard time telling the difference if no one told you.
The flavors used to make these tropical gummy bears are spot on! So, I did not add anything extra to the pineapple gummy bears or the pina colada gummy bears. And, of course, if you want all pineapple gummy bears, just make only pineapple gummy bears. The same is true for the pina colada gummy bears.
The clear gummy bears are pina colada flavored. They are made with the Hawaiian Punch White Water Wave. They taste just like pina colada to me. I can almost hear the island music playing in the background when I eat these gummy bears. The yellow gummy bears are pineapple flavored. They are really good too. They are made with the Sunkist Pineapple. However, the Crush Pineapple will likely taste just as good.
I used an island themed silicone ice tray to make these large tropical gummy bears. So, I love the grown up size of the tropical gummy bears! And I am pretty sure that your kids will not mind them either. You can find a similar tropical molds on Amazon. If you want the exact mold, you can find the exact set of tropical molds here. You can then use the pineapple mold to make the pineapple gummy bears.
Tropical Gummy Bears
- You will need two small microwave safe bowls and 2 tropical mold trays. One tray for each flavor.
- Pour the gelatin of your choice (Knox or Vital Proteins Gelatin) into one of the bowls along with the Sunkist Pineapple drink mix packets. Gently stir the powdered mixture together.
- Next, prepare your gummy bear molds for pouring these homemade sugar free tropical gummy bears. You can have your squeezer ready to use, but the molds I used are large enough for you to actually pour the mixture.
- Now, add at least half the water into the empty bowl and microwave for 15 – 20 seconds until the water is hot. Carefully remove the water from microwave.
- Add the remaining half of the room temperature water to the powdered drink mix and gelatin mixture. Then, stir it quickly but gently as the mixture will start to set quickly.
- Once the mixture is blended evenly into a paste-like mixture, pour the hot water over the paste and stir until a thin syrup-like mixture has formed. If needed, microwave for another 10 seconds to thin the mixture and to remove any clumps.
- Now you can fill the molds by pouring the mixture or using a squeezer. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the gummy bears are firm.
- Repeat the above steps with Hawaiian White Water Wave to fill the second mold.
- After the gummy bears set, unmold the gummies and enjoy!
- You can store the extra gummy bears in the refrigerator for a few days.