Cherry Gummy Bears
These wonderful tasting keto gummy bears are incredibly delicious cherry gummy bears! They are made with a sugar free cherry starburst flavor. When you are dealing with a sugar free version of something, the taste is always somewhat of a gamble. So, it was a very pleasant surprise to discover that the sugar free cherry Starburst flavor tastes just like the original cherry starburst.
The cherry Starburst candy was definitely one of my favorite flavors. Therefore, this flavor is definitely a winner in my book. With that said, if you too like the cherry flavored candies, then you may really like the taste of these keto cherry gummy bears! So, let’s get to this simple homemade keto gummy bears recipe!
These keto cherry gummy bears are made with cherry flavoring, unflavored gelatin, water, and vitamin C powder.
- Cherry Flavoring – The cherry flavoring is a sugar free Starburst drink mix packet.
- Unflavored Gelatin – You can use any unflavored gelatin for these gummy bears. There are some that may help you capture even more health benefits of collagen, but the cherry gummy bears will likely taste the same.
- Distilled water – This is used because these keto gummy bears are not really cooked.
- Vitamin C Powder – The vitamin C powder is added for 3 main reasons. First, it makes the keto gummy bears taste even better. Second, it helps you maximize the health benefits of collagen. And lastly, it can help boost the immune system.
So, besides tasting yummy, these cherry gummy bears are actually pretty good for you too eat – young and old alike! Children and adults can reduce their risk of getting type 2 diabetes or better manage their diabetes with sugar free snacks. And adults can keep their skin looking pretty with all the collagen and vitamin C. So, with all that said, I hope you enjoy the cherry gummy bears!
Cherry Gummy Bears
- Prepare your gummy bear molds for pouring these homemade sugar free cherry gummy bears. If your gummy bear mold is not super rigid, place it on something rigid for an easy transfer to the refrigerator.
- You will need two small microwave safe bowls or cups and a gummy bear mold.
- Pour the gelatin of your choice into one of the bowls along with the cherry flavored drink mix packets.
- Gently stir the powdered mixture together.
- You can have your squeezer ready to use, but if the molds used are large enough, you may be able to hand pour the mixture.
- Now, add at least half the water into the empty bowl and microwave for 15 – 20 seconds until the water is hot. Carefully remove the water from microwave.
- Add the remaining half of the room temperature water to the powdered mixture. Then, stir it quickly but gently as the mixture will start to gel fast.
- Once the mixture is blended evenly into a paste-like mixture, pour the hot water over the paste and stir until a syrupy mixture has formed. If needed, microwave for another 10 seconds to thin the mixture and to remove any clumps.
- Now you can fill the molds by pouring the mixture or using a squeezer. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the gummy bears are firm.
- After the gummy bears are firm, you can unmold them and eat right away or store in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
You can learn more about the health benefits of vitamin C and the health benefits of gummy bears. If you like this flavor, you may also like the starburst flavored blue raspberry gummy bears, all pink strawberry gummy bears, lemon gummy bears, or fruit punch keto gummy bears. Then too, you could make the sugar free skittles gummy bears. Let me know how you like the keto cherry gummy bears.