Keto Trail Mix
This low carb trail mix is a savory ranch and onion flavored keto trail mix. It is one of my favorite completely savory low carb trail mix recipes. And it is prepared with only a handful of ingredients. You have the savory flavor of crisp salty onions paired with the crunchy ranch flavored protein balls. This is then mixed with a firm salty texture of almonds and the soft creamy texture of cashews. This low carb trail mix is an absolute delight.
The low carb trail mix is not only delicious it is also quite healthy as well. Nuts are a very nutrient-dense food that contain lots of healthy fats which can be perfect for people on a keto diet, low carb diet, or diabetic diet. Eating handful of nuts like this low carb trail mix can curb your food cravings by keeping you energized and feeling full.
This low carb trail mix is prepared with almonds, cashews, protein puffs, and onions. This recipe was prepared along with three different keto trail mix recipes using one of the four protein puff sampler bags. For your convenience, this low carb trail mix recipe has been made relatively small. However, you can always use the 2x and 3x button shown in the recipe to double or triple the recipe as needed or wanted. You can also make the low carb trail mix lower in sodium by adding unsalted or lightly salted almonds and cashews.
- Almonds – Almonds are delicious with a mostly firm and crunchy texture. You can learn more about the health benefits of almonds,
- Cashews – Besides the cashew health benefits, cashews are low carb and wonderfully delicious. Macadamia nuts are one of the lowest carb nuts. So, you can make this low carb trail mix even more keto by swapping the cashews for macadamia nuts.
- Protein Puffs – The protein puffs used in this trail mix recipe are ranch flavored. They are the texture of a traditional puffy chip. Protein is needed to help our skin stay healthy when we also capture the health benefits of Vitamin C to go along with it. You can learn more about protein and how much protein we need.
- Onions – Part of a small bag of onion straws provide the delicious onion flavor for this low carb trail mix recipe.
Low Carb Trail Mix (Ranch & Onions)
- Place all of the ingredients in a small Tupperware dish or Ziploc bag.
- Give the container or bag a few gentle shakes.
- Serve and/or eat up.
- If you can wait some hours, the trail mix will taste even better as the onion and ranch flavors have time to fuse into the almonds and cashews.
If you enjoyed this low carb trail mix you may also like:
- Homemade Diabetic Trail Mix (Sweet & Salty)
- Homemade Keto Trail Mix (No Sodium)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Sweet & Lightly Salted)
- Chili Cheddar High Protein Low Carb Trail Mix (Savory)
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Sundae Trail Mix (Sweet & Lightly Salted)
I thoroughly enjoyed this savory low carb trail mix! So I am looking forward to making it again. You can find different keto snacks to make or make more keto trail mix recipes. Let me know how you like this incredibly delicious onion ranch low carb trail mix recipe.