This is a delicious creole keto jambalaya with cauliflower rice recipe. If you are anywhere near Louisiana, you already know about jambalaya. But for those of you that are not familiar with it, jambalaya is a sausage, chicken, shrimp and rice dish. If you happen to be familiar with gumbo, it is very similar to gumbo. The exception is that jambalaya is less saucy and made with a lot more rice, vegetables, herbs, and spice than meat.
If you had 10 different natives make a jambalaya for you, it would likely turn out 10 different wonderfully delicious ways. As a Texan with several friends from Louisiana, it has been entertaining to hear the discussion about “how-to” make this or “how- to” make that. It’s a family dish, so each family add a little of their own tradition to their jambalaya. So, I am sure if any are reading this, some may be entertained by this keto jambalaya recipe while others will be impressed by this very authentic tasting keto jambalaya recipe. So, let’s get to it…
Start by sauteing celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a skillet with olive oil. After about 5 minutes, add diced tomatoes and sliced sausage. While that is simmering for a minute or two, salt the chicken and make sure the shrimp are thawed. Next, add the raw chicken pieces with basil, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Then mix everything together, add the shrimp, and cover with a lid to simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes. Meanwhile, start cooking the frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave. Once cooked, add the cauliflower rice to the pot to finish off this yummy keto jambalaya recipe.
You can see this keto jambalaya recipe really moves along quickly, so you will be eating sooner than you might think.
- After preparing the vegetables, saute the celery, onions, bell peppers, and garlic in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the sausage, diced tomatoes, sliced chicken thighs and shrimp. Reduce heat to let simmer.
- Then add oregano, basil, and cayenne pepper. Stir and then cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Place the cauliflower in the microwave to cook and then add it to the skillet to finish off this keto jambalaya.
- Stir the cauliflower in with the other vegetables and meat. Then cover with a lid to let the flavors merge for about 5 minutes.
This is a delicious cajun keto meal. If this the first time trying keto jambalaya, let me know what you think. If you enjoyed this keto jambalaya, you may also like our low carb gumbo.