Keto Cracked Chicken
You will really enjoy this keto cracked chicken recipe! Most keto cracked chicken recipes are made in a crock pot. So, it takes hours for it to cook. Well, one thing you may really love about this keto cracked chicken recipe is that it is a stove top recipe! You can be eating the keto cracked chicken in less than an hour!
Some of you may be wondering – what is keto cracked chicken? Well, It is a delicious blend of creamy salty goodness. However, since we endeavor to keep things healthy, the recipe has been modified as much as possible to reduce the excess sodium and unhealthy fats of a traditional keto cracked chicken recipe without sparing the flavor.
To start with, we used boneless chicken thighs. Chicken thighs can be easily tenderized without adding any extra fats. Nevertheless, the excess fat was trimmed off the thighs before seasoning and cooking. Next, instead of using full fat cream cheese, a fat free cream cheese is used along with half a cup of water.
The recipe was started by placing completely thawed boneless chicken thighs in a medium skillet with water, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. The skillet was covered with a tight fitting lid and then placed on a burner with a really low heat setting. The low heat setting is the key to making sure your keto cracked chicken is tender and can be pulled with a fork later. With that said however, the burner should not be on the lowest possible setting. Instead, the burner should be almost halfway between the lowest and middle temperature setting.
Once the keto cracked chicken starts cooking, flip the chicken about every 10 minutes and stir the sauce. Add water as needed to prevent sticking. Once the chicken has finished cooking, you can use a fork to shred or pull the chicken. I used a knife to hold the chicken in place with one hand and shredded it with a fork with the other hand.
After the chicken has been shredded, you can add the shredded cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, and chopped green onions. This keto cracked chicken turned out perfect keto shredded chicken tacos!
Keto Cracked Chicken
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp. Ranch Dressing Mix (Powdered)
- 4 tbsp. Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 c. Water
- 1/4 c. Mild Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Turkey Bacon (Precooked, Crumbled)
- 1 tbsp. Green Onions (Chopped)
- Start by placing the chicken thighs in a medium non-stick skillet with only 1/2 cup of water.
- Sprinkle the powdered ranch dressing mix over the chicken and in the water.
- Add the fat free cream cheese throughout the skillet so it can melt somewhat evenly.
- Place a lid over the skillet, set the skillet on a burner, and set the burner on a low heat setting (Just a little higher than the lowest setting).
- Flip the chicken and gently stir every 10 minutes. Add a little more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, you should be able to shred the chicken by pulling on it with a fork.
- Once the chicken has been pulled, add shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and cooked bacon pieces.
- Let the cheese melt and enjoy with your favorite low carb side.
I hope you enjoy this simple keto cracked chicken recipe.