Keto Mexican Beans
If you have been on a low carb diet or keto diet for a while, you may be thinking that this keto Mexican beans recipe is a joke – but it isn’t. When I first heard about these black beans, I too was skeptical and had to do my research. So, I went to all the local stores looking for a can of these keto beans. I finally found a single can for about three dollars at a health food store in my area.
As a healthy low carb diet enthusiast, I had to try this high protein, low carb, no sodium shelf stable canned good. Well, these keto mexican beans that I made are no fake. They are made with the same low carb beans mentioned. So, I ended up ordering a case of these beans online for around two dollars per can (shipping cost not included).
So these keto Mexican beans are a pretty amazing discovery. And, what is more, with normal bean preparation, these keto Mexican bean taste like real Mexican beans! I have used them to make other keto bean recipes as well. So, without any further ado, let’s get to the details of these keto Mexican beans.
The main thing to remember when preparing these keto Mexican beans is to marinate them for several hours. They are no salt added beans, so I marinated them overnight with all the ingredients added. Once you finish marinating these keto Mexican beans, just place them in a pot with water to simmer for about 20 minutes.
KETO MEXICAN BEANS
- 3/4 c. Water
- Mediterranean Sea Salt (Season to Taste)
The Garnish (Optional):
- Lime Juice
- Purple Onion
- To prepare, place the beans and all of the marinade ingredients in a small container. Stir well and then cover with a tight fitting lid. Place the container of beans in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8-10 hours.
- Once the beans have been marinated, pour them into a small pot with a 3/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat for simmering. Let simmer for about 20 minutes. Sample the beans to determine if they are tender and to adjust the taste as needed.
- Enjoy this keto side dish with one of our low carb Mexican food recipes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like our keto cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe or keto tortilla recipe to go along with your keto Mexican beans.