Keto Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This keto cilantro lime cauliflower rice goes great with our keto Mexican beans, keto tortilla recipe, or keto shredded chicken tacos (just to mention a few). It is deliciously fresh and pretty simple to make. This cilantro lime cauliflower rice keto version is made with a bag of frozen cauliflower rice. The remainder of the ingredients are fresh vegetables including garlic, onions, cilantro and lime juice.
To start, I placed the cauliflower rice in the microwave for 3 minutes. While the rice cooked, I minced the garlic and chopped the onions. I continued by adding avocado oil in a medium skillet along with the garlic and onions. By now, the cauliflower rice was ready to be flipped over and microwaved for another 2 minutes. While the rice cooked, I gently sauted the fresh cut vegetables in the skillet. The vegetables were cooked just enough to bring the garlic and onion flavors to the surface, not enough to brown them.
Once the rice has been semi-cooked in the microwave, add it to the skillet with the sauteed vegetables. Then add the salt and lime juice. Aftering gently stirring all of this together, cover it with a lid to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Sample the rice to see if the texture is right for you.
Remove the skillet from the stove before adding the cilantro to this keto cilantro lime cauliflower rice. After mixing the cilantro in with the rice, you can serve immediately or cover with a lid to let the flavors merge. I really like the taste of lime, so I added more lime juice to get it tasting exactly the way I like it. So, you can also taste your keto cilantro lime cauliflower rice to see if you want to add more lime juice. So, let’s get to the recipe.
KETO CILANTRO LIME CAULIFLOWER RICE
- Start by placing the 10 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave to thaw and semi-cook.
- Then, add avocado oil, garlic. and yellow onions in a medium skillet over medium heat. Briefly saute the vegetables just to bring the aroma and flavor to the surface before adding the semi-cooked cauliflower rice.
- Once you add the cauliflower rice, reduce the heat. Then add sea salt and lime juice.
- Stir and cover with a lid for 3-5 minutes stirring as needed. Taste the cauliflower rice to make sure it is the desired texture .
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the rice from stove and add the chopped cilantro and more lime juice.
- Stir until the cilantro is nicely mingled with the rice.
- Serve or eat it with your favorite low carb Mexican food recipes.
That is all there is to this cilantro lime cauliflower rice keto version. If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also enjoy this keto cilantro lime cauliflower rice more of our low carb Mexican food recipes.