Low Carb Mexican Bowl w/Cilantro Lime Cauli-Rice
I ended up making this yummy low carb mexican bowl to satisfy my taste for a salad. It is currently getting cold here, so arranging this low carb Mexican bowl over a nice warm bed of cilantro lime cauli-rice was a really nice compromise for eating a cold salad. Plus it is a very flavorful and filling low carb meal to keep things interesting. So, let’s get to making this low carb Mexican bowl.
This bowl is made is three main steps: (1) cooked ground beef, (2) microwaved cauliflower rice, and (3) salad toppings.
The cooked ground beef can be seasoned simply with a taco seasoning mix. yellow onion, and garlic. Then, add a small can of diced tomatoes or plain ole’ salsa. Once the meat is cooked and drained of excess fat you can start preparing the salad toppings while the cauliflower is cooking in the microwave. The salad toppings include cilantro, lime, jalapeno, lettuce, avocado, tomato, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Once the cauliflower is cooked, merely toss it with a little cilantro, fresh lime juice, and a dash of sea salt. It is easy to make this tasty low carb Mexican bowl so let’s get to the recipe.
Low Carb Mexican Bowl With Cilantro Lime Cauli-Rice
- 1 -10 oz. Cauliflower (Bag, Riced)
- 1/4 c. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/2 Lime Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
- Sea Salt (Optional, To Taste)
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 c. Lettuce
- 1/2 Roma Tomato (Fresh, Diced)
- 1/4 c Avocado (Half)
- 1/2 Jalapeno (Sliced, Optional)
- 1/2 c. Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Sour Cream (Optional)
- Lime Juice + Sea Salt (Optional dressing)
- Start by placing the bag of cauliflower rice in the microwave according to the directions on the package.
- While the cauliflower rice is cooking, start slicing or chopping the cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado and lime in preparation for making the low carb Mexican bowl. Set this aside, away from the raw ground beef.
- Now, cook the ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning mix, chopped yellow onions, minced garlic, and cayenne powder. Once the ground beef has cooked, turn off the burner, drain the excess grease from the skillet, and then add the optional diced tomatoes or salsa. Cover the skillet with a lid to help keep it warm.
- You can quickly re-warm the cauliflower rice for a minute if needed. Then, carefully open the top of the bag to add the chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and sea salt. Use a spoon to stir this all together.
- Pour the cilantro lime cauliflower rice into one medium-sized bowl or two smaller sized bowls and then start making your low carb Mexican bowl with meat, cheese, and other salad toppings.
- You can mix all of this taste of goodness together and enjoy it with a spoon or fork.
This low carb Mexican bowl can definitely be eaten with your favorite low carb salad dressing. However, once I stirred everything together, I ended up not even thinking about adding salad dressing. As you can tell, I thoroughly enjoyed eating this low carb Mexican bowl. It was a semi-warm salad with a tangy lime flavor, so it was a great way to mix up all of the fall flavored foods that I have enjoyed.
Please like, share, and subscribe below. Be sure to check out our new online keto store to see what’s new in eating keto or low carb. You may also be interested in our low carb nacho soup, low carb Mexican Salad, Mexican cheesy chicken soup. or the low carb Mexican chicken salad. If you have any questions or comments about this low carb Mexican bowl, please leave them below.