Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
This delicious low carb pumpkin pie smells and tastes just like fall. I would say that fall is my favorite time of year with all of the pumpkin spiced goods typically landing on the shelves. However, I really think I am excited about the fall because I know winter is on the way! So, I enjoy low carb pumpkin spice everything as I patiently wait for winter to arrive.
If you know about the health benefits of pumpkin spice, you know that this low carb pumpkin pie can get your blood flowing and help keep you warmer in cooler weather. Plus, the different aromas actually make you feel good by providing you with a sense of well-being. Who knew that eating healthy low carb pumpkin pie could taste so good and make you feel good too?!
So, let’s get to the ingredients used for this delicious low carb pumpkin pie. The keto pie crust recipe is made with almond flour. The crust contains an “optional” cinnamon ingredient that I swapped for pumpkin pie spice instead. And that really takes this low carb pumpkin pie recipe up a notch.
The pie filling is a mixture of 100% pure pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, unflavored gelatin, monk fruit in the raw, sugar-free vanilla coffee creamer, sugar-free pancake syrup, and eggs. The unflavored gelatin is used as an excuse to capture the health benefits of collagen and to help hold the low carb pumpkin pie together. Monk fruit in the raw is my sweetener of choice. Therefore, I started with monk fruit and then added sugar-free vanilla coffee creamer instead of a vanilla extract and unsweetened almond milk. To me, this give it an added depth of vanilla goodness. And lastly, a basic sugar-free pancake syrup is added to finalize the sweet taste. It is actually sticky and not watery, so it works out really well. The eggs are added to help hold this low carb pumpkin pie together. So, let’s get to the recipe…
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
- THE CRUST: Start with a pre-baked keto pie crust (recipe). Remember to swap the optional powdered cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice in the pie crust recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the filling, add pure pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, monk fruit in the raw, and unflavored gelatin in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are evenly dispersed and blended well.
- Use a seperate bowl to gently whisk the eggs and then add the sugar-free vanilla coffee creamer and sugar-free pancake syrup. Stir the mixture until blended well and then add it to the pumpkin mixture. Stir the liquid mixture into the pumpkin mixture until it is smooth and ready for the pie crust.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pre-cooked pie crust. Use the back of a spoon to spread the pumpkin pie filling into the pie crust evenly.
- Place the pie in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes until the center is cooked.
- Let the low carb pumpkin pie cool completely before serving – the hardest part.
To me, this low carb pumpkin pie is absolutely delicious (especially with the pumpkin spiced crust). So, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Please be sure to check out our online keto store for some of the latest keto, low carb, and diabetic diet snack ideas. Otherwise, you may enjoy more low carb pumpkin recipes. Please like, share, and subscribe below to receive more recipes like this low carb pumpkin pie recipe.