Keto Pie Crust Recipe
I have been making keto cobbler recipes this year so I finally decided to make a keto pie crust recipe. This is an easy recipe that you can make with some of your favorite keto-friendly fruits like this keto blackberry cobbler. Making a pie crust sounds a little intimidating to someone new in the kitchen. Or, perhaps, making a pie crust may sound like a lot of work for someone with experience in the kitchen. However, this keto pie crust recipe is not like that at all. This is a really easy pie crust to make once you get all of the ingredients. There is no kneading, rolling, or fighting your dough required.
Traditionally speaking, a pie crust is made of flour, salt, cold unsalted butter or shortening, and iced cold water. So, with cold butter and cold water, you can imagine how hard it can be to get all that blended together with flour to make a pie crust. Then, after all that hard work you have to wrap the dough and wait on it to relax in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before you can use it. On a positive note, at least you get to take a break after all that work. So, now that you have a frame of reference for comparison, let’s talk about this easy keto pie crust recipe.
This almond flour keto pie crust recipe is sweetened with monk fruit in the raw and sugar-free pancake syrup. Then, instead of using just butter, it is blended with a ketogenic virgin coconut oil and salted butter. And lastly, vanilla extract and optional cinnamon powder are added. If you are on a keto diet to reverse type 2 diabetes, cinnamon can help lower your blood sugar (will add an information link below). So, this keto pie crust recipe has a pretty good taste before you add any filling.
There is a keto pie crust recipe for the bottom and a second keto pie crust cover in the event you need it to make things like a low carb apple pie recipe.
Keto Pie Crust Recipe (The Bottom)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now add almond flour, monk fruit, and cinnamon (optional) to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then, stir all of the dry ingredients until they are blended well.
- Next, add the coconut oil, melted butter, and sugar-free pancake syrup to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until a cookie dough type mixture has formed before scooping it into the pie pan.
- Start from the center of the pan and work your way to the edge of the pie crust pan. Flatten the crust and edges evenly in order for the pie crust to bake evenly.
- At this step, you can follow the instructions in the slideshow below or use clean hands and fingers to simply press the pie crust dough into the pie pan.
- Place the keto pie crust in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked pie from the oven and let it cool completely before adding the pie filling.
This slideshow is for the bottom crust.
Keto Pie Crust Recipe (The Top)
- Once you are ready to add the filling to your keto pie crust it is time to add the pie crust cover. First, simply repeat the mixing instructions above.
- Then, once the mixture has been completed, pick it up with your clean hands and roll it into a ball.
- Next, place the ball in the middle of one sheet of wax paper and cover it with another sheet of wax paper. (see slide show above)
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the keto pie crust cover out into a circle until it is the needed size. Use one of the empty pie pans to measure the needed circumference. Keep in mind that a slightly larger pie crust cover is better that a slightly undersized pie crust cover because you can easily trim the excess off a larger crust.
- Carefully flip the wax paper over the pie filling and merge the edges (see slide show below).
- Place the pie in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
That is all there is to this keto pie crust recipe! For those of you that may be interested, you can read about the health benefits of cinnamon and the health benefits of eating coconut oil to learn more. Be sure to visit our online keto store for some of the latest keto snacks. Thanks for reading and using our blog! Please like, share, and subscribe below. If you have any questions or comments about this keto pie crust recipe, please leave a comment below.