Sugar-Free Sour Gummies Recipe
This sugar-free sour gummies recipe turned out to be a delightful combination of tangy, sweet, and tart. With a pretty summer green color the gummies are a delicious sour green apple flavor! So, if you are a sugar-free sour green apple candy fan, this sugar-free sour gummies recipe is for you. With that said, you may be surprised by the flavor mix used to make these homemade sour gummy bears.
This sugar-free sour gummies recipe is approved for people on a low carb diet, keto diet, sugar-free diet, diabetic diet, or even a diet to reverse type 2 diabetes. However, you may discover that the entire family will enjoy eating these homemade sour gummy bears! And, the best part is that you only need two ingredients. So, you can easily make enough of these to share!
Then too, these homemade sour gummy bears are made with a type of collagen. Collagen is responsible for keeping our hair, nails, skin and teeth strong. Therefore, this sugar-free sour gummies recipe is a healthy little snack for anyone, but especially children or children with diabetes. So, let’s get to this incredibly easy homemade sour gummy bears recipe.
Prep: 5 Minutes | Refrigerate: 20 Mins | Yields: 65 Gummy Bears
- 4 tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin (Knox Gelatin, Vital Protein)
- 2 Zero Sugar Kool-Aid Sour On The Go! Snappin Green Apple Packets or Sugar-Free Jolly Rancher Mix (You can get these for about $1 at most grocery stores that carry them. The Zero Sugar Kool-Aid mix was used in this recipe.)
- Gummy Bear Mold & Dropper ( I used this one.)
- 8 tbsp. Distilled Water (shallow)
- Get 2 small microwave safe bowls or cups and a small spoon. A coffee cup and regular eating spoon should work just fine.
- Add the gelatin and Snappin Green Apple packets to one of the bowls/cups. Stir the powders together.
- Then, add half the water to the opposite bowl/cup. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds until the water is hot. Carefully remove from microwave and set aside.
- Next, prepare your gummy bear molds for pouring these homemade sour gummy bears and have your squeezer within reach.
- Add the remaining half of the room temperature water to the powdered mixture. Be ready to stir quickly as the mixture will start to stiffen quickly.
- Once the mixture is blended evenly into a paste, pour the hot water over the paste and stir until a thin syrupy mixture is formed. If needed, microwave for about 10 seconds to help get any clumps out.
- Now use your squeezer to fill the gummy bear molds. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. The time needed to set will depend on how hot the mixture is before placing it in the mold. However, this sugar-free sour gummies recipe will set quickly once it has been refrigerated.
- Once the gummy bears have set, unmold the bears and eat up! If you have extra gummy bears, you can place them in a container and store them in the refrigerator for a few days.
I hope you and your family enjoy making and eating these homemade sour gummy bears! Since it is a sugar-free sour gummies recipe, you do not have any reason to feel guilty about eating candy on a low carb, keto or diabetic diet! Please be sure to like, share, and subscribe below. Let me know which sugar-free sour gummies recipe you use and how your homemade sour gummy bears turn out!