Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
With such a rich, thick, sweet and creamy butter cream cheese icing, this keto carrot cake recipe is definitely a winner in my book! Carrot cake has always been one of my favorite desserts to eat. Therefore, it was very exciting to make and re-make this keto carrot cake recipe perfect for my taste. While the keto carrot cake is sweet, with just the right amount of spice, the flavor of the carrots add the final aroma and taste that makes a carrot cake a carrot cake!
This is a keto carrot cake recipe, so while sweet in taste, it is made with a very pleasant tasting sugar-free sugar substitute. In addition, instead of using a traditional high carb flour, it is made with a healthy low carb almond flour. Therefore, this keto carrot cake recipe is safe for people on a low carb diet, keto diet, or diabetic diet.
In addition to almond flour, this keto carrot cake contains nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, butter, shredded carrots, sugar-free syrup, and monk fruit. When shredding the carrots or choosing which shredded carrots to buy, make sure they are small enough to cook in the oven while the cake is baking, but still large enough to add some texture and taste to the carrot cake. Once you mix all this together with a couple of eggs and a little baking powder you end up with the start of a delicious keto carrot cake recipe.
As mentioned, the keto carrot cake icing is a butter cream cheese icing. It is made with cream cheese, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, sugar-free syrup and monk fruit in the raw. To make this keto carrot cake icing smooth and creamy, the cream cheese and butter can be melted in the microwave before adding the remaining ingredients. Then, use a mini whisk to blend the icing until it is completely smooth. As it cools, the icing will return to a creamy cake icing consistency. Remember to use unsalted butter for the icing. Otherwise, it will taste salty and not like a yummy cake frosting.
So, let’s get to this delicious keto carrot cake recipe.
Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Gently stir until blended well.
- Next, add vanilla extract, sugar-free syrup, avocado oil, and shredded carrots. Stir until well-blended.
- Test for sweetness before adding the eggs. (See notes for more details.)
- Finally, stir the two eggs into the mix and then pour the keto carrot cake into a 6×6 baking dish or loaf pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool while you prepare the frosting.
- FROSTING: Place the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds until hot. The cream cheese should be warm enough to melt the unsalted butter once it has been added.
- Once the butter starts melting, add the monk fruit, sugar-free syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir the sweeteners, butter and vanilla extract until blended well enough for whisking. Whisk the keto carrot cake icing until it is smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake is cool, top with the butter cream cheese icing, walnuts and a few pieces of shredded carrots.
That is it! You may also like our keto carrot cake muffins and the low carb cream cheese frosting. Please like, share, subscribe and/or comment below! As usual, I hope you enjoy this keto carrot cake recipe as much as I did!