Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
This keto ground beef stroganoff is a hearty meal of beef in a heavy cream sauce. Beef stroganoff is a Russian dish typically made of sliced beef paired with a sour cream sauce. This meat dish has become quite popular all around the world, with all kinds of variations from the original recipe. And this savory keto ground beef stroganoff is no different! First, it’s keto. And secondly, it’s make with a ground beef, not cubed or sliced beef.
This delicious keto ground beef stroganoff was inspired by a friend that I have been knowing since we were kids. We had not talked in a couple of years, so it was nice to discover that they are on the keto diet. So, I cannot take credit for this delicious idea. I am glad the recipe idea was shared with me with permission to use because it’s a unique combination of flavors that I do not often play around with. With that said, I did change the recipe a bit when I made it myself. The original recipe called for beef cubes, but I used ground beef because it’s fast and easy to cook. In addition, I used half cream cheese and half sour cream for the base, whereas the original recipe called for cream cheese and heavy cream. I had a container of sour cream in the fridge and no heavy cream. Since an authentic beef stroganoff is made with a sour cream sauce, I did not hesitate to use sour cream instead.
Either way, the keto ground beef stroganoff turned out to be delicious.
Besides the beef and cream sauce, a nice combination of herbs and spices are used to flavor this dish. I sauteed portobello mushrooms, sliced yellow onions and minced garlic to get the flavors started. Then, while cooking the meating and merging the ingredients together, a worcestershire sauce is used to flavor and add the brownish color to the all white sauce. As you can now probably imagine, it is a very soothing and savory comfort food type of dish.
Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Start by sauteing the mushrooms, onions and garlic in a medium skillet. Once the vegetables are sauteed, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Now add the thawed ground beef to the skillet with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and one teaspoon of the Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat.
- Use a spatula to stir the meat until it is cooked well. Drain any excess fat/oil after cooking.
- Next, add the beef broth, cream cheese, sour cream, sauteed vegetables, and the remaining two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the skillet with the cooked ground beef.
- Stir until the cream cheese melts and the sour cream blends into the mixture.
- Cover with a lid. Reduce heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- You can serve this keto ground beef stroganoff in a bowl to eat like a meat stew.
If you are interested in more ground beef low carb meal recipes, check out our keto orange beef & broccoli, low carb meatballs, low carb chill, or low carb spaghetti. In addition to these low carb meals, I also really enjoy the low carb mexican salad, cheeseburger salad, bunless burger, and cheeseburger pizza.
Thanks for being one of our blog subscribers! If you have not already done so, please like share and subscribe below. I hope you enjoy this delicious keto ground beef stroganoff.