Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
This delightful keto bbq chicken pizza was made with some leftovers ingredients that I had in the fridge. The main leftover ingredients were chicken and tomato paste. Therefore, you can easily duplicate this keto bbq chicken pizza recipe with some of your own fresh ingredients.
This keto bbq chicken pizza is made for people on the keto diet, low carb diet, diabetic diet and those reversing type 2 diabetes without medication. So, if any of these apply to you, get ready to eat up!
The toppings for this keto bbq chicken pizza includes pre-cooked chicken breast or thighs, sliced purple onions, shredded mozzarella cheese, and cilantro. You can use a plain frozen pre-cooked chicken breast from the store or season and cook your own. If you use a pre-cooked chicken or leftover chicken make sure the flavors will pair well with bbq sauce. Slice purple onions and cilantro both have delicious unique flavors that also add a little more color to the pizza.
The sauce is made from a mixture of sugar-free bbq sauce and tomato paste. I personally liked the bbq-tomato flavor blend. One, it tastes good. And, secondly, the pizza sauce was not too saucy with the addition of a tomato paste. I added a little more flavor and spice to this keto bbq chicken pizza by adding minced garlic and cayenne pepper.
I made my usual almond flour crust for this keto bbq chicken pizza. You can read more about this delicious almond flour pizza crust if you like. But the recipe is included below.
Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 Chicken Breast (Pre-Cooked)
- 1 tsp. Purple Onions (Sliced)
- 1/2 c. Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro
- Preheat Oven: 325.
- For the crust, add all of your dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until blended.
- Next, add cream cheese, olive oil, and hot water. Mix until a paste is formed.
- Place the pizza dough in the center of a pizza pan.
- Use a spoon to flatten the pizza crust into a circle that is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking you can prepare your sauce and toppings for this keto bbq chicken pizza.
- Use a small bowl to mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Prepare the chicken according to your needs and then slice or chop the chicken in preparation for adding to the pizza.
- Then, chop the cilantro and slice the purple onions. Set aside.
- Once the pizza crust is cooked, you can add the bbq-tomato sauce first and the toppings next.
- Place the keto bbq chicken pizza back in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese melts.
This keto bbq chicken pizza is small enough for one person to eat. However, it is large enough to share with another person. If you would like to join our diabetes support group, please click here. You can like, share and follow the blog below. I hope you enjoy this delicious and easy keto bbq chicken pizza!