Keto Magnesium Gummy Bears
This magnesium gummies recipe is a calming, sugar-free ocean blue colored homemade gummy bears recipe. Since it is sugar-free, this magnesium gummies recipe is approved for people on a low carb diet, keto diet, diabetic diet and especially those on a diet to reverse type 2 diabetes! However, some of you may be wondering, why on earth would I want to put magnesium in my homemade gummy bears?
Magnesium provides numerous health benefits! One of the most popular magnesium health benefits is the calming effect it provides. Magnesium is needed and used in more than 600 chemical reactions in the body. Unfortunately, most people do not get enough magnesium in their diet. Things like stress and heavy coffee drinking can deplete the magnesium stored in your bones, muscles, and soft tissues. Therefore, many people can benefit from taking a magnesium supplement.
This magnesium gummies recipe is a supplement made with unflavored gelatin, sugar-free drink mix and Magnesium O7 Powder. As a coffee drinker, I endeavor to take magnesium supplements at least a few nights a week. I prefer to take the magnesium supplements at night because they are very calming and make me feel sleepy during the day. So, of course, when taken at night, they typically make for a really pleasant night of sleep.
However, I like to eat just a few of these magnesium gummies during the day to better supplement my diet. To use this magnesium gummies recipe as a basic supplement, eat 3-4 gummy bears before or after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Magnesium Gummies Recipe (Sugar-Free)
- 2 tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin (Knox Gelatin, Vital Protein)
- 1 Sugar-Free Hawaiian Punch Berry Blue Typhoon On-The-Go Drink Mix Packet
- 1/4 tsp. Mag 07 Powder (About 520 mg Magnesium)
- 4 tbsp. Bottled Water
- First, prepare your gummy bear molds for pouring gummy bears and have your squeezer within reach.
- Then, add the unflavored gelatin, drink mix flavor packet of your choice, and the mag O7 powder to one of the microwave safe dishes. Gently stir.
- Now, add half the water to the empty bowl/cup and microwave for 20-30 seconds until the water is hot.
- Next, add the remaining half of the room temperature water to the powdered mixture and stir quickly.
- Once the mixture is blended and/or has stiffened, pour the hot water over the paste and stir until a thin syrupy mixture has formed. You can reheat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to help remove any persistent lumps.
- Use your squeezer to suction the syrup and fill the gummy bear molds.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the magnesium gummy bears set.
- Once the gummy bears have set, unmold the bears. Place them in a container and they can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Makes: 35 Bears Serving Size: 3-4 Gummy Bears (45-60 mg Magnesium)
A Word of Caution:
Magnesium is naturally calming. When you consume more than your body can use, it can have a laxative effect. Most people or magnesium deficient. However, every person will have a different threshold. Therefore, keep in mind that eating this magnesium gummies recipe may make you sleepy and can have a laxative effect if you eat a high magnesium diet. I personally store this magnesium gummies recipe in the refrigerator and snack on a few bears multiple times throughout the day. In this way, my body will have time to use and perhaps store some of the magnesium without making me sleepy.
You may enjoy some more of our homemade gummy bears recipes. If you try some of them, let me know which one is your favorite. I hope you enjoy this calming magnesium gummies recipe.