Keto Italian Salad With Salami
Okay so here is the keto Italian salad with salami recipe that was mentioned in the keto salami pizza recipe post. This was a super fresh, easy and satisfying keto Italian salad. So, I hope you can use your leftover ingredients to make this low carb salad for lunch or dinner.
Italian food is one of my absolute favorite foods to eat. Since many Italian foods are high carb, I endeavor to come up with keto Italian salads that can satisfy my taste for Italian foods.
Well, this keto Italian salad with salami definitely has a nice authentic Italian flair. I made it with a Romaine lettuce, olives, pepperoncini peppers, cherry tomatoes, cheese, salami and fat free Italian salad dressing.
Romaine lettuce is a Italian “Roman” lettuce. I then used olives that were flavored with garlic & basil. So, they contributed to the nice flavor. Pepperoncini peppers have a very pleasant unique taste. They have just enough spice to make your lips burn a little. So they will not provide a dramatic overpowering taste to the keto Italian salad with salami. The cherry tomatoes were used because they are convenient. However, beefsteak or Roma tomatoes can provide an equally nice contribution. I used both a shredded Parmesan cheese and a shredded Italian cheese blend. You can easily use one or the other. The Parmesan cheese is a firm and more pungent cheese which gives it that traditional Italian flavor, texture, and aroma.
Keto Italian Salad with Salami
Serves: 1-2 | Prep: 5 Min
- 1 Romaine Heart of Lettuce
- 6-8 Basil & Garlic Olives
- 5 Slices Pepperoncini Peppers
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 c. Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 tbsp. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2-3 Slices Salami Meat (cut into 4 pieces)
- Italian Salad Dressing & Marinade
- 1 c. Baby Spinach Leaves (optional)
- Use a medium salad bowl to cut or chop the romaine lettuce. Add spinach leaves and gently toss the salad together if you want to add spinach.
- Next, add olives that have a flavor of your choice. I used what I happened to have on hand for this single serving recipe. But black olives can work just as well.
- Add pepperoncini peppers according to your preference keeping in mind that they are slightly spicy. You may also want to pour about a tablespoon of the brine over the salad.
- I used cherry tomatoes that I cut in half, but diced Roma tomatoes will work just as well.
- You can use either a shredded Italian cheese blend with shredded Parmesan cheese or just shredded Parmesan cheese.
- The sliced salami can be cut into quarters or chopped into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Finally, add the Italian salad dressing, grab a fork, and eat!
This keto Italian salad with salami recipe is pretty easy to prepare and is therefore difficult to mess up. So, I hope you find it to be an easy and delicious low carb salad that you can make again and again. You may also enjoy the simple Italian Cucumber Salad or another Low Carb Italian Salad. That is all for now. Thanks for reading about, sharing, and liking this keto Italian salad with salami recipe.