Keto Salami Pizza
I made the original keto salami pizza with some leftover salami that was purchased to make a keto Italian salad for a lunch party that was given a while ago. I thought the first salami pizza (picture below the recipe) looked kind of humbly cute, so I took a picture of it not really expecting it to taste like much. Well, I ended up making that little keto salami pizza about 3 times in a row! So, I really enjoyed the taste of this low carb pizza.
So, let’s get to the recipe. This keto salami pizza recipe is made with an almond flour crust, customized tomato sauce, salami, provolone cheese, and chopped spinach,
The crust is made with almond flour, psyllium husk, shredded cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, baking powder, olive oil, and egg. Almond flour is my favorite keto substitute flour because it works well and there are many almond flour health benefits. One of the health benefits of psyllium husk is that it is a gelatinous fiber with binder properties. So, you can use less eggs and less cheese in the crust when psyllium husk is used. The shredded mozzarella cheese that was used in the crust contributes to the taste and also help bind the pizza crust together. The seasonings add to the flavor of the crust for this keto salami pizza. The main job of the olive oil is to keep the pizza crust from being dry.
The sauce for the keto salami pizza is made with a tomato paste, water, sweetener, sugar free syrup, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. The mixture is warmed in the microwave to make spreading it on the pizza crust easier.
The topping for the keto salami pizza includes salami, provolone cheese, and chopped spinach. Four large salami slices were used to top the pizza. Then a few chopped spinach leaves were sprinkled across the top. And finally, provolone cheese slices were shredded to top the salami and the sauce.
Keto Salami Pizza
- 4 slices Salami (Large Round Slices)
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese (Shredded.)
- 3 Spinach (Fresh, Chopped)
- Pepperoncini Pepper Slices (optional)
- Preheat Oven: 400 degrees
- Combine all of the pizza crust ingredients.
- Place on a parchment paper line pizza sheet and roll flat.
- Put the pizza crust dough in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the pizza crust has finished cooking, you can add the pizza sauce.
- Mix the ingredients for the the sauce, Then, spread the tomato pizza sauce mixture over the pizza crust.
- Next, add the salami slices, cut spinach leaves, and shredded provolone cheese over the pizza.
- Heat the pizza in the oven until the toppings are warm and the cheese melts,
I added the pepperoncini pepper slices to the third keto salami pizza, so they are not shown in the images. However, they are a real flavor-enhancing game changer! If possible, add some to half the pizza in order for you to compare the difference in taste. However, I enjoyed the first two pizzas and the one following the third one just as well. So, this keto salami pizza is good with and without the pepperoncini peppers.