Keto Strawberry Donuts
These delicious keto strawberry donuts are strawberry keto donuts with strawberry cream cheese icing. Strawberry cake donuts were one of my favorite traditional donuts before starting a low carb diet years ago. Just the smell of strawberry donuts and the layer of icing was enough to make me want to cave, but I didn’t! So, I really enjoyed making these keto strawberry donuts.
June is technically strawberry season. However, since I recently shared the keto lemon donuts recipe with you, I figured some of you may be looking for some more delicious keto donut recipes. I made these keto strawberry donuts for a low carb dessert. However, I usually place the leftovers in the refrigerator and eat them for a low carb breakfast the following day.
As a reminder, these keto strawberry donuts are low carb, high-fiber, and diabetic-friendly. It is hard to believe, but diabetics can eat these keto strawberry donuts to help reverse type 2 diabetes. I used a handful of strawberries and a strawberry extract to further enhance the strawberry flavor.
Both almond flour and coconut flour are high in fiber. Therefore, they will both reduce your net carb intake and can have some benefit to your blood sugar levels. You can read about the health benefits of almond flour to learn more.
Monk Fruit in The Raw is a sugar substitute that is known to have a trivial impact on blood sugar levels. And, what is also important, it actually taste pretty good. You can read my monk fruit review and learn more about the low impact erythritol has on blood sugar levels in the Winter 2019 edition of SIMPLE to learn more if you want. However, there is a sugar substitute guide that breaks some of the sugar substitutes down for you.
Strawberries are a low sugar fruit. So, about 1 strawberry per donut is used in these keto strawberry donuts. So, I hope you get to add these keto strawberry donuts to your low carb meal planner soon. Did you know you can make half the recipe using only 1 egg? Or even 1 donut using 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of a whisked egg. Slide the servings down to 1 if wanted or needed.
Keto Strawberry Donuts
- Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
- Continue by mixing the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the bowl and stir until the batter is mixed evenly.
- Then, carefully spoon the batter evenly into the donut molds. Use a spoon to spread evenly. Then, make sure the batter settles all the way in the mold.
- Now place the filled donut molds in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the keto strawberry donuts from the oven. Let them cool before unmolding.
- Once the donuts have cooled, unmold them. Place them on a large plate or sheet of wax paper.
- Use a small round microwave-safe bowl for your icing ingredient prep. This is the same bowl you will use to dip the keto strawberry donuts in the glaze after preparation. Therefore, make sure the bowl is large enough for you to dip the donuts inside.
- Add the fat free cream cheese, unsalted butter, and syrup to the bowl. Microwave for 10-20 seconds until the cream cheese and butter melts.
- Whisk until creamy and smooth. Then add the food coloring, strawberry extract, and monk fruit. Stir well. Do a taste test to see if you want more sweetener or strawberry flavoring.
- Then, dip each donut in the mixture. Then, place the donuts back on the plate or wax paper icing side up.
As mentioned, I often make donuts like these keto strawberry donuts for a snack one day and then store the extra ones in the refrigerator for a quick low carb breakfast the next day or two. I warm them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to remove the chill. Just an idea that you might like to try if you are making more than 1 donut. Either way, I hope you enjoy your keto strawberry donuts with the cream cheese icing!