Keto Lemon Donuts!
Keto lemon donuts with glaze are diabetic donuts. However, if no one told you these donuts are sugar-free, you would not really discern that they are sugar-free donuts for diabetics. These keto lemon donuts can be a year-round treat for the die-hard lemon donut fans.
In the spring, these yellow keto lemon donuts are a real treat. This particular keto lemon donuts recipe have a super fresh lemon flavor and smell because of the fresh squeezed lemon juice. The glaze on these keto lemon donuts will leave you speechless and looking forward to your next bite. These keto lemon donuts are diabetic donuts that will leave a non-diabetic drooling for more…especially if you like lemon donuts. Okay, let’s get to the ingredients and preparation for these keto lemon donuts.
Lemons are delicious low carb fruits that are high in vitamin c! Vitamin c can boost the immune system. It also works along with collagen to help you have strong teeth, hair, nails, and skin. Of course, the almond flour health benefits are pretty impressive too. Therefore, you do not have to feel guilty indulging in one of these keto lemon donuts – they’re actually good for you. You may also enjoy the low carb lemon pie or keto chocolate donuts recipe.
Keto Lemon Donuts!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Then, add wet ingredients to the bowl and stir until the batter is mixed evenly.
- Next, carefully pour the batter evenly into the donut molds. (I typically only get 5 donuts from this keto lemon donuts recipe.)
- Place the batter-filled donut mold in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the mold.
- Once the donuts have cooled and been unmolded, use a small round microwave-safe bowl for your icing ingredient prep. The bowl should be just large enough for you to dip the keto lemon donuts in the glaze after preparation.
- Add the sugar-free white chocolate chips, lemon juice, and food coloring to the bowl.
- Next, heat the icing ingredients in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Gently (but quickly) stir the icing until the lumps are removed and the lemon juice is blended into the icing.
- Dip each donut in the mixture and place them on a plate or on parchment paper (dipped side up).
- The icing will harden quickly, so you can reheat as needed.
The keto lemon donuts are pretty easy to make in spite of all the informational steps. Store the leftover keto lemon donuts in the refrigerator until ready to eat for up to five days. One cup of almond flour makes 5 days worth of breakfast. However, they can be eaten for a low carb breakfast or a low carb dessert. So, I hope some of you can enjoy these keto lemon donuts for breakfast or dessert.